cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and a Free FICO Experian Score ???

tag
nicemann
Established Contributor

Chase and a Free FICO Experian Score ???

So I logged onto my Chase online account to check my credit card activity. I get a message of that Chase is now giving a free monthly FICO score. I thought, that's cool one more thing to get for free. I hit the button and I had to agree for the information to come from Experian. Then at the bottom of the scoring page it has "FICO® credit score is provided by Experian." I thought Experian didn't provide the FICO score anymore. It even has the "officially certified" by Fair Isaac symbol on it.

BTW it only gives a range, not an exact score. For example my score is 680-689. It also says it will be a monthly free score, but it says the current one is from December. Heck it's better then nothing and its free.

Message Edited by nicemann on 02-11-2010 06:29 PM
Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: Chase and an Free Experian Score ???

Also in the FAQs it states:

What do I do if I have a question about my current FICO credit score?

Your FICO credit score is provided monthly by Experian. You may contact Experian directly at:

Experian
(888) 397-3742
Post Office Box 9532
Allen, TX 75013
http://www.experian.com

Message 2 of 42
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

I'm going to check that out immediately.  Thanks for the tip!

(HMMM...could this be the ghost of Wamu appearing?) 

Message 3 of 42
nicemann
Established Contributor

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Yeah maybe it is the ghost of Wamu.  Also if you have it, see you if you can find a link to always go to it.  Mine came up on the main welcome page and also on a banner.  Now both of them are gone since I logged out and back in.  I don't see a permanent link anywhere.

Looks like it sends you to a generic link for the score that's why it's not a specific score.  For example my URL is https://www.chase.com/psmhelp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/help/page/fico_lp_dso_68

I wish mine was:

https://www.chase.com/psmhelp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/help/page/fico_lp_dso_84

All they do is change the last two digits of the URL and drop the zero.

Message Edited by nicemann on 02-11-2010 07:44 AM
Message 4 of 42
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

Just logged into my account and saw the same thing. I'm glad they brought this back after taking over WAMU. Mine is 740-749. Just curious...Is this a true FICO or is it FAKO? Because I like my score.

RozBuds

Message 5 of 42
nicemann
Established Contributor

@RozBuds wrote:

Just logged into my account and saw the same thing. I'm glad they brought this back after taking over WAMU. Mine is 740-749. Just curious...Is this a true FICO or is it FAKO? Because I like my score.

RozBuds

Well it has the seal from Fair Issac so it should be a true FICO.

Message Edited by nicemann on 02-11-2010 07:49 AM
Message 6 of 42
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Well, it's not there for me.  Would have been nice to get some use out of this now worthless account.

What is there for me is a nice, hefty ratejack!  From 10.24 -> 22.24%. It just kicked in!!

Thanks, Chase!  (Again!)

Someone over there has major thinking problems.

Message 7 of 42
score_building
Senior Contributor

IIRC to start it is being launched in selected states and requires the card holder to have a chase checking acct. Smiley Mad
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 8 of 42
RozBuds
Regular Contributor

Where is that generic link? I logged back in and can't locate the link.

Thank you, RozBuds

@nicemann wrote:

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

Yeah maybe it is the ghost of Wamu.  Also if you have it, see you if you can find a link to always go to it.  Mine came up on the main welcome page and also on a banner.  Now both of them are gone since I logged out and back in.  I don't see a permanent link anywhere.

Looks like it sends you to a generic link for the score that's why it's not a specific score.  For example my URL is https://www.chase.com/psmhelp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/help/page/fico_lp_dso_68

I wish mine was:

https://www.chase.com/psmhelp/index.jsp?pg_name=ccpmapp/shared/help/page/fico_lp_dso_84

All they do is change the last two digits of the URL and drop the zero.

Message Edited by nicemann on 02-11-2010 07:44 AM

Message 9 of 42
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Jeez...I have a Chase mortgage & a Chase BP Visa...I get no FICO  Smiley Mad

I don't see a link anywhere

Edit: I just sent a secure email to Chase through their website inquiring about this.  I'll post what I find out!

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 02-11-2010 10:55 AM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.