Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and inquires

tag
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase and inquires

How do banks "screw" you? Also 5 is nothing specially on TU.
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 11 of 21
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

I'm struggling to see the link there: backdating is a benefit offered by a lender for ages which has gone through various tweaks to curb excesses anyway; whereas bumpage is exploiting a flaw in the CRA's application infrastructure and no different than other forms of hacking.

It certainly is not intended by either the CRA's or FICO and if the report data is not accurate the whole system may become untenable.

No I utterly disagree on this one, AU's or backdating are one thing, this is something else entirely.

Hey Revelate!

I'm obsessive about checking my CRs almost daily.  I don't understand the method of which is being discussed here but I am concerned- is my daily checking of the CRs need for concern?  I have a LOT of SPs on my EX and EQ reports.  

OP- regardless of your moral compass- I strongly suggest not trying to manipulate your file this way. If you have no other issues on your CR, then 5 inqs is in my opinion negligible.  I have many more and have no problem but I research who pulls who and app accordingly based on this research.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 12 of 21
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all,

I've been browsing for info before apping for the sw chase card, I came across another set of boards that discuss credit. I'm not going to name the credit boards by name but they discuss some interesting techniques for clearing hard inq's waaay early, and a few other things. Is there a particular reason these things aren't discussed over here? Have i just been missing out on the same convo over here due to different language? Reason why I ask is I have 5 hards on my tu, I'm afraid that maybe too many if I'm already boarder line. Should I wait a few weeks and get them all removed or go for it?

I apologize if I broke some rules on this post and that type of discussion is "frowned upon in this establishment" or if my phones autocorrect feature made parts of my post confusing.

I think that it goes beyond simply being "frowned upon in this establishment." We need to keep in mind that we are guests on these forums and we need to be mindful of the concerns of our hosts. In this case, our hosts are FICO®, which is a corporate entity. This paints a target on their butt, legally speaking. The CRAs are required to maintain accurate information. If myFICO tolerates posters sharing information on techniques that compromise the accuracy of CRA records -- such as removing accurate information or removing valid inqs -- then it may well expose FICO® to liability. Whatever one's particular stance on the ethics of bumpage, the fact is that myFICO has put its guidelines in place for a reason. I'm grateful for all of the wonderful information that I've gleaned from my participation in these forums and would not want to do anything to put our hosts in jeopardy.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 13 of 21
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I'm struggling to see the link there: backdating is a benefit offered by a lender for ages which has gone through various tweaks to curb excesses anyway; whereas bumpage is exploiting a flaw in the CRA's application infrastructure and no different than other forms of hacking.

It certainly is not intended by either the CRA's or FICO and if the report data is not accurate the whole system may become untenable.

No I utterly disagree on this one, AU's or backdating are one thing, this is something else entirely.

Hey Revelate!

I'm obsessive about checking my CRs almost daily.  I don't understand the method of which is being discussed here but I am concerned- is my daily checking of the CRs need for concern?  I have a LOT of SPs on my EX and EQ reports.  

OP- regardless of your moral compass- I strongly suggest not trying to manipulate your file this way. If you have no other issues on your CR, then 5 inqs is in my opinion negligible.  I have many more and have no problem but I research who pulls who and app accordingly based on this research.

+1. Someone please explain what this bumpage is as well as whether there is a chance that my constant SPs are putting me in danger.

Thanks.

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 14 of 21
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Hey Revelate!

+1. Someone please explain what this bumpage is as well as whether there is a chance that my constant SPs are putting me in danger.

Thanks.

A Google search will bring up other sites that will give a full explanation. Checking your reports frequently to keep an eye on them shouldn't be a problem, but the technique in question requires going overboard on pulling.

Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 15 of 21
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Hey Revelate!

Thanks.

I need to know this too Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

So we can talk about manipulation of aaoa, util, and other ways to artificially inflate our scores but you draw the line at bumping.

Reminds me of doc holidays character in "tombstone" when he states "my hypocrisy only goes so far"
Message 17 of 21
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@Swapmeet wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Hey Revelate!

Thanks.

A Google search will bring up other sites that will give a full explanation. Checking your reports frequently to keep an eye on them shouldn't be a problem, but the technique in question requires going overboard on pulling.

Thank you tinuviel!

Message 18 of 21
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
So we can talk about manipulation of aaoa, util, and other ways to artificially inflate our scores but you draw the line at bumping.

Reminds me of doc holidays character in "tombstone" when he states "my hypocrisy only goes so far"

Did you pay your card down and your util went down? That's accurate information. Did you get added as an AU onto an old, established account? That's accurate information. Did you manipulate your reports so that a recent inq fell off? That's not accurate information.

Message 19 of 21
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

As far as the split file is concerned, I was only looking at bumping off tu jnq's. beforing appjng for the card. as far as the rest issues that shogun mentioned, like losing the positive closed trade lines, thanks, those are something to be considered and will research.

In my view, the costs do undo excessive inquiries isn't commensurate with the expense and risk. 

The cost and effort that goes into removing inquiries is extremely intricate.  You need to find 3 daily CC monitoring systems, check and update when each CR will reset inquiries, and then deal with the potential file splits, errors on tradelines, and finally a CR can just place all the inquiries after you've removed them.

All the while you're paying in excess of $100 per month and pulling from 3 complimentary cr monitoring products, the inquiries will be erased on its in own in couple of years anyway.

Not worth it at all, in my estimation.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.