Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase and relationships

tag
LeonSandcastle
Established Member

Chase and relationships

I recentlly got a Chase Freedom Card with a $500 limit.  My other cards are much better (up to $10k), but I have a past Chapter 13 and had to talk them into giving me even the $500.

I do like thier cards, and want to get a CSP sometime soon with a higher limit.  I recently got an offer in the mail offering $300 for setting up a Chase Total Freedom checking account, doing some direct deposits, and keeping it open 6 months.

Would opening a Chase bank account have any bearing on getting future cards with them or increasing the limit on my Freedom at some point, or do they only care about the Credit Card relationships in particular?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase and relationships

Congrats on getting your foot in the door with Chase!
Message 2 of 6
Josh611
Regular Contributor

I just got the same thing in the mail the other day. Been wating to switch banks so this is a nice plus. I was also wondering if it helps with getting a CC with them or higher limits

Current FICO Scores EQ 782,TU 755, EX 754

AMEX BCE $24k, Quicksilver $10k, Venture $13k, Sallie Mae Mastercard $8.3K Chase Freedom 5k, Discover IT $3.4k, Kohl's Charge $2.5k, Capital One Secured $801
Message 3 of 6
OHWWCB
Regular Contributor

@LeonSandcastle wrote:

I recentlly got a Chase Freedom Card with a $500 limit.  My other cards are much better (up to $10k), but I have a past Chapter 13 and had to talk them into giving me even the $500.

I do like thier cards, and want to get a CSP sometime soon with a higher limit.  I recently got an offer in the mail offering $300 for setting up a Chase Total Freedom checking account, doing some direct deposits, and keeping it open 6 months.

Would opening a Chase bank account have any bearing on getting future cards with them or increasing the limit on my Freedom at some point, or do they only care about the Credit Card relationships in particular?

I'm not sure, but I feel like my significant banking relationship with Chase has made them very generous towards me. Ever since getting a rather large check deposited into my checking account, Chase hasn't turned me down for anything and my credit is just okay (680). My CSP is my highest limit card and I now have three cards with them in the last 30-something days. No other lender has been as generous to me and I feel like my relationship with them has to be the reason.

Hilton Honors $15,000 | AMEX Green | Chase Sapphire Preferred $9000 | Discover IT $6600 | Marriott Premiere Rewards $5000 | Chase Freedom $5500 | Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards $2000 | CapitalOne Quicksilver One $2000 | US Airways Dividend Miles $2400
Message 4 of 6
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

I'll be the oddity for this posting....

I've been blacklisted from Chase, going from 2000, until my prior attempt in spring 2014. All denial letters cited my prior COs. I did not pay them back (IIB).

I apped for the CSP last month, and was approved for 13.2k. No method to this madness. No banking with them...nada.

Message 5 of 6
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

Ever since I opened a checking account with them last summer I've been flooded with offers in the mail. I also had a car loan through them for a term of five years, but paid it off in four.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.