Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase app with cosigner/joint?

tag
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Chase app with cosigner/joint?

Is there a way to apply for a chase credit card with a cosigner?
I would like to try to get another and just got 2 in the past 2 weeks and know for a fact I wouldn't be approved on my own

If I did apply and was declined could I recon and add the cosigner then to see if it would get us approved?

I don't see anyways on the chase website for another persons information while applying (besides au)

Thanks for the help!
fico 747
Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase app with cosigner/joint?

Not sure about the recon route. But when you do the initial app only one person can be on it.
My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 2 of 30
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Chase: "Once the account is booked, a customer can request to add a joint account holder, but there is no option to do so on the new account application," says spokeswoman Gail Hurdis.

Read more: http://www.bankrate.com/finance/credit-cards/which-credit-cards-allow-co-signers.aspx#ixzz2QmQnP6WJ

Follow us: @Bankrate on Twitter | Bankrate on Facebook

Found that information on the website...looks like you or the other person has to apply for the card first then be added after the fact!

Message 3 of 30
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Some banks offer joint accounts and some do not. Joint accounts are not very popular; you may receive better service by applying over the phone.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 30
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

I wonder what would happen if I apply and was denied, maybe I'll try calling them tomorrow, thanks again daybreak

@simi thanks for confirming that, I thought that was the case :/
fico 747
Message 5 of 30
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

@web I've read chase does do joint I believe, I am just not sure if it'll work if I get declined
fico 747
Message 6 of 30
simi_go
Frequent Contributor

You can absolutely get a joint account with Chase. I am joint on a freedom and well my scores suck. But basically one person applies then you as an AU, after you have your AU card the account owner calls and requests that the AU be made joint. They verify that the AU wants to be joint then the switch is made. I did mine all on one piece of paper. Took two weeks total.
My wallet: Newest to oldest.

Message 7 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

you can do joint applications for chase.

easiest way is to do it in a branch since it's easier to just bring in ID and have everything verified by the banker in person.

if a branch isn't nearby you can do it over the phone. just make sure they don't put in any wrong info

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 8 of 30
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

I don't have a branch near me, but I am going to call tomorrow, hopefully they say they can do it over the phone

Thanks guys
fico 747
Message 9 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Your siggy shows 6 new accounts in 1 month. I'm not sure I would want to apply for any additional cc's right now. IMO of course.
Message 10 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.