Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase app with cosigner/joint?

tag
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Re: Chase app with cosigner/joint?

Yeah, normally it would be, but just used my CSP to book a 2k(through hotwire so I should be getting a total of 8k points for it) trip for my parents so I only have 1k left on that, so 3k all together, and I'm buying a ring and having it split between the 3 cards to more than finish the 3k requirement

I want the Hyatt card so I can go on a vacation for free haha, united card(got the 55k offer) for flights, CSP bonus for 2 nights at the key west Hyatt after being transferred to Hyatt rewards, and then get the Hyatt card for the 2 free nights and then pay for a night with the arrival and get it the statement credit for all or most of the cost because of the 40k bonus

So I hope to still do that plan, just wait a few months to get the Hyatt card
fico 747
Message 21 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

did u apply for the united card in the branch or online? i heard they have a better offer if applied in the branch

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 22 of 30
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Online, so it was the 30k plus 5k for adding an au, but there's a targeted offer going around for 50k plus 5, and after being approved I sent them a secure message about it, and they said they'd give me the extra 20k
fico 747
Message 23 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

just curious, how much is 50k points worth? I rarely fly united but if the offer is great I'll jump in at the end of the year just for a free flight and more Chase CL.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 24 of 30
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

50k, if you aren't picky about when you're going can be worth close to a thousand I believe, (round trip for 2 people)

But if you're picky about when you go, and go on busy days, its only good for 1 person round trip and probably worth like 500 at the most

fico 747
Message 25 of 30
enharu
Super Contributor

ah i see. hopefully they have the promotion at the end of the year. so its 50k points for 2k spend right now?

Message 26 of 30
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Just so everyone knows. I actually sent a secure message to chase asking to add someone as a joint user on my freedom that I've had since November and they said they can't do it anymore

"Thank you for contacting us with your request to add
xxxxxx as a Joint Cardmember to your credit card
account.

I'm sorry that the option to add a Joint Cardmember is no
longer available. However, the individual may apply for
his or her own account. To do so, simply visit
www.chase.com to see our variety of Chase credit cards,
including those with reward programs and Blueprint.

If you have any questions, please reply using the Secure
Message Center. We?re always here to assist you. Thank
you for being our customer."
fico 747
Message 27 of 30
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

Nope 50k after 1k spent plus an extra 5k for adding someone as an AU
fico 747
Message 28 of 30
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@simi_go wrote:
You can absolutely get a joint account with Chase. I am joint on a freedom and well my scores suck. But basically one person applies then you as an AU, after you have your AU card the account owner calls and requests that the AU be made joint. They verify that the AU wants to be joint then the switch is made. I did mine all on one piece of paper. Took two weeks total.

Wow that seems like an easy process!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 29 of 30
MazdaSpeed
Contributor

@webhopper they no longer allow joint accounts
fico 747
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.