Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase app with credit freeze

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Chase app with credit freeze

I have a credit freeze on all 3 CRAs. I'm thinking about apping for a Chase and don't know the best way to go about it. When I called Chase they told me that I would need to unfreeze ALL 3 CRAs! That doesn't sound right to me, especially since it's $10 a pop. I asked them if I could app and then unfreeze a single CRA, and they said no.

I'd appreciate knowing what others have done in this instance. Do you unfreeze all 3? Or do you unfreeze one? Or do you just app w/all 3 frozen and then unfreeze one that they ask you to?

Just a note: I am NOT trying to get them to pull any CRA in particular. I just don't want to have to go through the trouble and expense to unfreeze all 3 if it's not necessary.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase app with credit freeze

@bichonmom wrote:

I have a credit freeze on all 3 CRAs. I'm thinking about apping for a Chase and don't know the best way to go about it. When I called Chase they told me that I would need to unfreeze ALL 3 CRAs! That doesn't sound right to me, especially since it's $10 a pop. I asked them if I could app and then unfreeze a single CRA, and they said no.

I'd appreciate knowing what others have done in this instance. Do you unfreeze all 3? Or do you unfreeze one? Or do you just app w/all 3 frozen and then unfreeze one that they ask you to?

Just a note: I am NOT trying to get them to pull any CRA in particular. I just don't want to have to go through the trouble and expense to unfreeze all 3 if it's not necessary.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Just app for it, when it comes back declined recon it and whatever bureau they tell you is frozen unfreeze it while on the line with CSR an then they'll make their decision. Keep in mind they may ask to have others unfroze as well.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 6
enharu
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Thanks! Smiley Happy

depending on the area you are in, you can check credit pull database to see which bureau they pull most often in your state. unfreeze that, and apply. if they need you to unfreeze the other(s) later on, then do it i suppose. you got to unfreeze one at least afterall Smiley Tongue

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 6
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

I would app as well. I wanted an increase with my freedom and had eq frozen. They refused to pull anything else for me so I called EO. They softed eq and gave me my increase....Plus I bet you are a shoe in for any chase product. Good to see you posting again!!!

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 4 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Thank you for the replies. I'll app and see what happens.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.