Did you mean: 

Chase application secrets...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase application secrets...

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the tip... Now, we just need somone who has been declined and has the money at Chase to be science ready and test this theory out...

Smiley Very Happy

hillarious.

Sorry;. Im not volunteering.

We have a MOD and another user going to test it..Smiley Happy We just have to wait for resultsSmiley Tongue...

Message 11 of 86
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for the tip... Now, we just need somone who has been declined and has the money at Chase to be science ready and test this theory out...

Smiley Very Happy

hillarious.

Sorry;. Im not volunteering.

We have a MOD and another user going to test it..Smiley Happy We just have to wait for resultsSmiley Tongue...

Mod Emeritus. Smiley Wink. Don't need CSP until March 2017.  Think I will be good till then. Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 12 of 86
icyhot
Valued Contributor

So this new policy only affects the Chase branded cards? All the awesome cobranded cards they have, what's the big tizzy over 3 cards?
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 13 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's such a lie.  My CSP was an instant approval without a prequal...

Message 14 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's such a lie.  My CSP was an instant approval without a prequal...

They gave me 5k CSP and 9K Ritz with no prequal and FICO scores hovering at 700.  Both were instant approval.  No banking or previous CC relationship with Chase.

Message 15 of 86
noobody
Established Contributor

I have been approved for six Chase cards without been preapproved any of them.
I never been preapproved for anything until the last one from citibank, and I have 14 open accounts close to 800 CS.
I do not think bank employees at local branch knows anything more about credit card than the pretty brochure they have in hands.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 16 of 86
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

My friend works as a banker at Chase and has given me a blueprint for applying for their cards.  

He said first, if you do not have a pre-approval, then he has never been able to open a new account instantly.  He said he has yet to open an account without one, even with people that seem like they should be a shoe-in. 

Second though, if you do apply and you get denied, there is a way around the normal application process besides recon.  If you have an account with $10,000 or more, then go to a branch and fill out a "Special Consideration Form".  A banker will walk you through it and the odds are, statistically, 50% approval, however, every person he has done this for has been approved. 

Right, but the banker doesn't really have much decision power over Chase's UW.  It really depends more on the profile criteria than having $10K (or any sum above this threshold) to "sway" an approval even with a special consideration form submitted.  It can go in either direction if UW still does not feel the applicant is elegible even with such a substantial amount of liquid assets.  There have been posts in other forums and also from conversations that I've had with other regional bankers, and it really depends since the special consideration form can provide some "nudge" but it's not a guarantee of approval.

Message 17 of 86
ddemari
Super Contributor

Im a fan of chase and have 7 cards not one of them preapproved. Chase bankers
Along with others seem to say weird stuff about cc's. I bank at chase and go into the branch 1 to 2 times a week and chat with some bankers about this and that.
One time a private banker didnt understand that i applied online, he is like i know nothing about online applications. He knew they were there but the fact i applied online was like deer caught in headlights. They also have no ida what the jpm executive line is but know the csp has great customer service/ thats tooted
In the benefits. Unless in branch apps have some secret preapproval process,
I dont believe that statement lol.
Message 18 of 86
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ddemari wrote:
Im a fan of chase and have 7 cards not one of them preapproved. Chase bankers
Along with others seem to say weird stuff about cc's. I bank at chase and go into the branch 1 to 2 times a week and chat with some bankers about this and that.
One time a private banker didnt understand that i applied online, he is like i know nothing about online applications. He knew they were there but the fact i applied online was like deer caught in headlights. They also have no ida what the jpm executive line is but know the csp has great customer service/ thats tooted
In the benefits. Unless in branch apps have some secret preapproval process,
I dont believe that statement lol.

Right, there really isn't a "secret" preapproval process.  They have methods to escalate or provide a direct channel for addressing special cases depending on the overall banking relationship.  The personal banker's job is also to cross-sell those products.  Potentially, they can also see if you have any Chase pre-approved offers that sometimes may not display online for some individuals.

Message 19 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

I showed no prequalified cards on Chase's website. I appd for the Slate as I wanted the free FICO score every month and was instantly approved. The thingy up top spun for like 2 seconds and came back approved 5500.
My card's in the mail on its way. I'm tempted to app for CSP or Freedom now prior to all my new CC's from my recent app spree report. Decisions, decisions. 😱😱😱
Message 20 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.