Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase application secrets...

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase application secrets...

@AverageJoe1970 wrote:

(In my opinion), this thread, along with others, don't serve the greater good of establishing and maintaining good credit.

If you can't get approved for a credit card, or if you have to call to basically beg them for a card, you probably shouldn't have one to begin with.

There really is no secret... pay your bills on time, manage your debt properly and you simply don't need to worry about (lame) secrets from some third-party. Smiley Indifferent

? i had to recon for my Bank of america crd because  was denied for having too many inqs on my experian (33)* but that was beause i was ( still am) building credit at the time and basically wanted a mastercard and got approved for $2,500 CL. 2 CLI later it is now at $10,000.

* 85% of those inqs will be gone by the end of the year

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 61 of 86
Techno
Contributor

Special consideration form is not a secret Smiley Very Happy

you can also do that for credit line increases, iv'e done that on my freedom(and got denied anyways lol).

Message 62 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

This post has taken a weird turn.  My attempt was to share a couple of details from a Chase banker regarding applying for cards.  His experiences, and then explain a policy that may help someone upon denial.  No, they are not secrets per say, but they are experiences and policies that the normal everyday reader may want to know about. 

If the topics seem repetitive or "lame", then welcome to MyFico.  Half of the posts I read on any given day are rehashed topics by new users or maybe people that did not see the earlier posts.  Let's try not to get offended and rather help, encourage, contribute or simply read and move along. 

As for my banker friend, who an earlier poster didn't mean to disrespect, he was the one that gave me the advanced info on the Freedom bonus for this month and the Slate Experian score being added.  Both posts were breaking news to the board.  I've gotten a ridiculous amount of good info from this community and I contributed those details in return as a thanks.  Hope I can continue to do so even though it appears that I swung and missed with this one. 

Message 63 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

This post has taken a weird turn.  My attempt was to share a couple of details from a Chase banker regarding applying for cards.  His experiences, and then explain a policy that may help someone upon denial.  No, they are not secrets per say, but they are experiences and policies that the normal everyday reader may want to know about. 

If the topics seem repetitive or "lame", then welcome to MyFico.  Half of the posts I read on any given day are rehashed topics by new users or maybe people that did not see the earlier posts.  Let's try not to get offended and rather help, encourage, contribute or simply read and move along. 

As for my banker friend, who an earlier poster didn't mean to disrespect, he was the one that gave me the advanced info on the Freedom bonus for this month and the Slate Experian score being added.  Both posts were breaking news to the board.  I've gotten a ridiculous amount of good info from this community and I contributed those details in return as a thanks.  Hope I can continue to do so even though it appears that I swung and missed with this one. 

I'm not sure about others, but I picked up some good tips from this thread.  As long as someone can learn something, I don't care if the thread is 100 pgs. long.  (I usually go to the end and work my way backwards if the page count >10. Smiley Wink

Message 64 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever I see a long thread, I always read the initial post and then go to the end to see how off-topic the last post is. 

Message 65 of 86
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing what your banker friend relays to you. It's easy to miss threads with the same topic and you've probably helped a few along the way. Keep on trucking.

Message 66 of 86
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Are you serious?  The previous poster is simply giving those who actually do meet criteria a way to get approved. Getting approved is nothing more than a game a chess match of sorts. You need to have the correct strategy in order to succeed. This thread is not about responsibly managing ones credit. If you do not like the topic go to another thread simple !!Cat Frustrated

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 67 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Chase banker made me a personal Chase Private Client today before submitting the special reconsideration form for my Ink application....

Message 68 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great info. Thanks

Message 69 of 86
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 70 of 86
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.