Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase approval

tag
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

Chase approval

I just wanted to let everyone know that a Chase 30 day message when applying online is not necessarily a bad thing.

I got the message when I apped on Friday for the Continental OnePass card and thought for sure it was not a good thing.  It must have just been a human review was necessary.  I just noticed on the website today that there is a new credit card listed.  Haven't actually received anything yet (obviously way to soon) but I think it is a done deal.  Fingers will remain crossed until I activate the card.

So, just one example of the 30 day not being a bad thing.  BTW, they did not contact me so I did not need to provide additional info.  Currently I have a United Mileage Plus card and a TJX card with Chase.

Continental OnePass MC - $13,800 (seems an odd amount to me)

Only thing I have noticed pulled is TU and I am NY.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase approval

i had the same thing, although i applied for the continental presidential plus and recieved a 1300 line then increased to 20000 and my chase sapphire is 13800

Message 2 of 16
danisgods
Regular Contributor

i was approved last night for a sapphire card, how do you guys know the CL of the account? is that possible to log in without having the card in hands yet?

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 16
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

@danisgods wrote:

i was approved last night for a sapphire card, how do you guys know the CL of the account? is that possible to log in without having the card in hands yet?

If you already have a Chase card, when you login to manage your card the new one should appear in the list of cards.  If you do not yet have a Chase card, I do not believe you will be able to set one up until you have your card.

Message 4 of 16
crosbyk1
Frequent Contributor

In the section with the backdoor numbers call the status number. 

Starting Score: 744
Current Score: 744
Goal Score: 800

Message 5 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

@JaysonT wrote:

@danisgods wrote:

If you already have a Chase card, when you login to manage your card the new one should appear in the list of cards.  If you do not yet have a Chase card, I do not believe you will be able to set one up until you have your card.

Can we get more than one card from Chase? I got the Freedom card last week.  Now, I want the Sapphire card.  If approved, will they give me 15000 points on the Sapphire card?

Message 6 of 16
JaysonT
Regular Contributor

DI - I know you can have more than one card with Chase.  I do not know what there position is on more than one in such a short timeframe as is your case.

Message 7 of 16
danisgods
Regular Contributor

i'd love to know my CL, but i am not calling, i am gonna just enjoy the wait and guess around, hahaha, i hear they ussualy give high CL (above 10K), we'll see!

Starting Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Current Score: TU 715 EQ 704
Goal Score: 760-780

Message 8 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

@JaysonT wrote:

DI - I know you can have more than one card with Chase.  I do not know what there position is on more than one in such a short timeframe as is your case.

Thanks, JaysonT.  I'll wait until January to apply for a second card.  The Chase Freedom card seems to be really good card.  I played around with the BluePrint features and saw how beneficial it can be for many cardmembers.  I said I was going to sockdrawer this card after earning my $100 bonus, but, I may just continue to use it. 

Message 9 of 16
DI
Super Contributor

@danisgods wrote:

i'd love to know my CL, but i am not calling, i am gonna just enjoy the wait and guess around, hahaha, i hear they ussualy give high CL (above 10K), we'll see!

Your credit limit is $1800. 

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.