Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase approved me by recon for Freedom card!!!! 2 BKs on TU

tag
octavia
Regular Contributor

Chase approved me by recon for Freedom card!!!! 2 BKs on TU

I opened a checking/savings account at Chase bank on 9/26/08.  Applied for the Chase Visa Platinum card and recieved a denial letter the other day. 

Just called a few minutes ago, explained why I filed bankruptcy; the rep verified my HHI, addy, etc.  Then she put me on hold and came back and approved me for $2,000.00.  Yay!!!

My first prime card since BK-04(no baddies since).  Actually 2 BKs on my TU report.  Go figure!

Message Edited by octavia on 10-10-2008 09:33 AM
Message Edited by octavia on 10-13-2008 01:07 PM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
octavia
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase just approved me by recon!!!! 2 BKs on TU

I explained to her that I have 3 subprime cards and I want a shot at a prime bank card.  She said she noticed that my revolving balances are low and after a while that I can call in to ask for a credit increase.

I was so thankful to her for giving me a chance.

Now, I will SD Credit One! I will only use it to pay for SW every month.  Next up for SD, Orchard Bank.

Should I wait for Chase to start reporting maybe 6 months or so before I try for BOA (unsecured)?

Message 2 of 11
TerrenceATL
Contributor

What number did you call. Any baddies other than BK?

6/1/2008 EQ -634
9/12/08 EX 691 * TU 689
10/02/08 EQ 677
11/11/08 TU 669 * EQ 668
1/15/09 EX 759 * EQ 788
9/24/09 EQ 761 * EX 729 (from NFCU loan app) * TU 666
Message 3 of 11
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Big congrats on the Chase card. Do you realize how rare it is for Chase to do that?  I wouldn't even dream of going for a BoA card right now. I'd treat that Chase card with the loving care of a newborn baby...well, actually, I'd use it extensively, PIF it monthly, and show them some serious usage LUV. 

I think you just gave a whole bunch of WaMU card holders out there hope.  Smiley Very Happy

Edit:  Yes, wait on the BoA.

Message Edited by TangMeister on 10-10-2008 11:42 AM
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Octavia!! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
octavia
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone.  Everything I've disputed and got deleted is because of this forum.  I wouldn't have known where to begin in repairing my credit.

I was surprised myself when she returned and said that she recommended me for $2,000 CL.

Terence- I have only 2 bks showing on TU.  No other baddies/lates or IIB accts.  My last bk was filed in 2004.  The analyst asked why did i file bk.  I was nervous but straightforward.  I only explained about 1 bk she didn't ask about the other bk.  Call duration was less than 10 minutes total.

Message Edited by octavia on 10-10-2008 12:51 PM
Message 6 of 11
octavia
Regular Contributor

I called (888) 245-0625 Credit Analyst-Recons
Message 7 of 11
tatiana
Contributor

Wow, congrats!  I have a Chase card and would like a CLI, but I'm terrified of taking the hard pull.  I don't want them to see the BK and plotz me.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Might as well change my surname to Morgan-Chase.
Closed on my crazy midcentury home in July, 2012! Thanks, FHA!
Message 8 of 11
octavia
Regular Contributor

UPDATE: Just checked my Chase online accounts and there it was CHASE FREEDOM $2,000 CL, 14.99% on purchases (don't matter, I always PIF every month).

I totally thought I was gonna get the Platinum Visa Signature card.  The analyst asked if that's that's the one I applied for I told her yes.  So a Freedom Card was totally unexpected.

This will be my very first rewards cc ever.  I only have their debit rewards card.

I'm ecstatic!!!!! Will be waiting for it in the mail.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

YAY!!! Congrats on that super successful recon! Absolutely awesome!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.