Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase - approved with laughable SL

tag
noobody
Established Contributor

Re: Chase - approved with laughable SL

^^^^^^^^^

Please do not fo it, if you hit internal ceiling, you will be declined, A total waste a HP.
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 21 of 24
red259
Super Contributor

@noobody wrote:
^^^^^^^^^

Please do not fo it, if you hit internal ceiling, you will be declined, A total waste a HP.

+1 I wouldn't be taking a HP at this point trying for a CLI. OP has credit on other cards and can just call and have some credit moved over. In six months or a year a HP CLI may be an option, but what I usually do with chase is just app for a new card for the signup and then try to move that credit around if I don't want the card long term. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

If two profiles are identical that would make sense. My response was to your prior statement where the incomes were different and the profiles were wildly different as well. The fact pattern you are giving now is obviously very different from the one I was addressing before. 

It doesn't matter though, as a greater income is going to only be a greater positive factor increasing limit potential.  Greater income is not a negative factor.  So, whether profiles are exactly the same or wildly different, a greater income is going to play a positive role in that profile regardless of if it's a 600 score, 700 score, 800 score, etc.  Yes the profile itself matters most, but income is going to play a factor against all profiles regardless of profile strength.

On the previous page I was simply citing an example of how a relatively low income could become the constraint to a higher CL even on a profile with a great score, where a lesser profile could achieve a higher CL largely in part due to possessing twice the income.

Message 23 of 24
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I'm not really getting why it's a laughable SL? Because you have high scores? It seems like you have some (maybe a lot) exposure with Chase and the ability to move around limits so I would just do that...problem solved Smiley Happy

While I wouldn't state it is laughable, it is unusable for a default spender card.  My largest single transaction was 8K on the FU to date for example, $500 ain't gonna cut it Smiley Happy.

Fortunately Chase is really good about re-allocating lines, even I've taken advantage of that and I try to ask for as few things from lenders as possible.

        
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.