Established Contributor
FutureBillionaire

Chase apps?

If I decide to app for the Freedom, what are the ideal conditions?  I like 5% everywhere and for everything.  I will probably add this card this year.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Revelate

Re: Chase apps?

FutureBillionaire wrote:

If I decide to app for the Freedom, what are the ideal conditions?  I like 5% everywhere and for everything.  I will probably add this card this year.

Chase historically doesn't like high utilization from what most people have anecdotally reported; however, I just don't think you'll have a problem receiving approval for a Freedom - frankly it's a tier (or two) from a credit strata / underwriting perspective below some of the current cards in your signature line.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Senior Contributor
Walt_K

Re: Chase apps?

I had a Chase account go to 150 days late in 2008, and they closed the account.  Thankfully, I got to working again before they charged it off.  I first applied for a Freedom in late 2010, and was denied.  I had been current on the closed Chase account for two years, but I hadn't quite paid the balance off yet.  They cited my prior negative history with them in the denial, and when I attempted to recon, they told me to try again once I had paid off the closed account.  

I can't remember exactly now, but I think it was a few months later that I finished paying them back in full, so early 2011.  Last year, I apped for Freedom again and was instantly approved, and I was recently approved for a CSP as well. 

So Chase was willing to do business with me again depsite the closed account once I paid them back.  

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}