cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase authorized User Question

tag
becardi112

Chase authorized User Question

I recently got a chase sapphire preferred card and added my girlfriend as an authorized user to the account because she has no credit history.  I don't plan to give her a card but want it to show up on her credit report so she can possibly get a starter card in the near future.  My question is how is it going to show up on her account because all the information that was required to get the card was her full name.

Credit Cards - Chase Sapphire Reserve- $32,000, Citi Prestige Card- $18,000, Amex Gold Premier Rewards-NPSL Approved for $30,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $5,000, Capital One Quicksilver- $3,250, PNC Cashbuilder- $1500 Credit Scores - TU-??? Exp-773 EQ-776
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase authorized User Question

They match it by name and address, that's how I got added as au to my brother's CSP. And it did show up on my reports
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm on my wife's Freedom. It shows up on all three reports as an AU account.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will all show up.  My hubby's show up on mine and vice versa.  One thing to remember, it will help her credit score, but she stlll needs to get something in her name  later on.

Message 4 of 12
becardi112

We don't have the same mailing address and I got the card shipped to my address and not hers so that is why I was wondering how the name alone would give them any hint on who the user actually is.  Would calling chase help possibly?

Credit Cards - Chase Sapphire Reserve- $32,000, Citi Prestige Card- $18,000, Amex Gold Premier Rewards-NPSL Approved for $30,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred- $5,000, Capital One Quicksilver- $3,250, PNC Cashbuilder- $1500 Credit Scores - TU-??? Exp-773 EQ-776
Message 5 of 12
AirlinerDudeB6
Regular Contributor

If I'm not mistaken, I think doing it online through Chase...it asks for SSN of the AU.

EDIT - Nevermind, just checked my chase online and it just asks for full name.  

I know one of my cards asks for SSN for AU...

Discover It - $25.5k | Sam's Club MasterCard - $25k | Chase Sapphire Reserve $23.8k | Amex EveryDay - $23k | Barclays JetBlue - $23k | Citi TYP - $7.1k | Cap1 Quicksilver WMC - $7k | Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature - $6.5k | Chase Freedom - $3.2k | Amex Gold - NPSL |
TU 08 FICO - 812 | EQ 08 FICO - 799 | EX 08 FICO - 793 |

Utilization - 16% | AAOA - 4.3 years | In Garden - Since 9/6/16
Message 6 of 12
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@AirlinerDudeB6 wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, I think doing it online through Chase...it asks for SSN of the AU.

EDIT - Nevermind, just checked my chase online and it just asks for full name.  

I know one of my cards asks for SSN for AU...

AMEX is the one who asks for SSN

Message 7 of 12
core
Valued Contributor

What if the AU doesn't have credit history already?  How is Chase going to match them up with a CRA record if the person doesn't yet exist as far as the CRA is concerned?

Message 8 of 12
bch238
Regular Contributor

I will find out shortly if an AU with no credit history will be reported to the credit bureaus.  I just added my daughter to my CSP.

My wife is an authorized user on my Marriott Rewards Premier, and it shows up on all three bureaus.  I only added her by name through the Chase website.

FICO Scores (MARCH 2016): EQ 829; EX 825; TU 828
AmEx BCP $25,000; AmEx Platinum (NPSL); Barclaycard JetBlue Rewards $5,000; Bank of America Cash Rewards $27,500; Chase Sapphire Preferred $33,700; Chase Marriott Rewards Premier $15,000; Chase Freedom $12,000; Citi Prestige $30,500; Virgin America Premium $25,000; The Home Depot Card $20,500; Capital One Platinum $15,000
Message 9 of 12
aav
Established Contributor

I added my stepson as an AU to discover and another card (used my address). It never showed up on his credit card. In fact, on credit.com it now shows he has no credit activity.. Lack of credit info..where he had some info before he has none.
EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.