Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase: authorized user is pretty useless

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase: authorized user is pretty useless

I added my brother to my Chase Freedom, because it is a Visa card. I had previously added him to my Amex, but not all places take Amex so figured I'd then give him the Freedom to use. It's a good way to help him build credit, and he pays me back the charges he puts on the cards.

With Amex, I can see exactly what charges are his each month so it's easy to bill him. Apparently with Chase the charges all get posted without knowing who charged it. So it's very useless, at least for my intent.

How do you guys with authorized users on Chase do it? Just pay for all their charges? Obviously that's not what I'm looking to do.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase: authorized user is pretty useless

Amex by far has the best system for AU's as you can set their limits etc..  This is the only lender I know that allows such flexibility.  Just going to have to figure out what your charges are and have him keep track of his charges.  Doesn't take to much time to go through and add what aren't your charges up and tell him what he owes you..  CSP is my main driver card and I probably have 30-40 charges a month on it I can go through it in a few minutes and validate and recall each charge and where it was at pretty easily.

Message 2 of 10
Cmikul
Regular Contributor

Don't know about Chase...but Cap 1 itemizes charges per user just like Amex.   I had DW and DD on mine and can see exactly what they charge....plus I get the instant text notifications so I know when someone is sneaking froyo.

Message 3 of 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I have to agree Chase's AU system needs a over haul. At least Capital One breaks down each user's transactions into sections under their card number. Amex is the best though! I wish all of the companies would follow their lead in the AU department. This is why I prefer my AU's to use Amex most of the time.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

I have to agree Chase's AU system needs a over haul. At least Capital One breaks down each user's transactions into sections under their card number. Amex is the best though! 

Seems that most of Chase has a luckluster system. Online portal needs an update as well.

Message 5 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Chase doesn't itemize anything. It's just there. I just go through my online account and look for their purchases. I know where I've used my card(s), so I know what isn't mine, and then I ask them for that money. My AUs never really "use" my cards except for emergencies (or for benefits) so they'll usually call/text me saying "Hey, I need to charge X amount to your card."
Message 6 of 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

I have to agree Chase's AU system needs a over haul. At least Capital One breaks down each user's transactions into sections under their card number. Amex is the best though! 

Seems that most of Chase has a luckluster system. Online portal needs an update as well.

Yup...it is pretty sad. lol

It's about as clunky as they come. Although FNBO isn't any better. 

Message 7 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Bet Nasa's is worse?Smiley Tongue.. Their site looks is the worse I have seen yet to date!

Message 8 of 10
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

Bet Nasa's is worse?Smiley Tongue.. Their site looks is the worse I have seen yet to date!

LMAO..I forgot about them. I was on their site today sending in documentation. I have to say ..it doesn't get any worse as far as financial sites go I've seen. I need them to send me a manual just so I can maneuver it. lol

Message 9 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

What about diners? Couldn't you not even make online payments in the beginning? lol
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.