Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto CLI? and Spree Planning

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Chase auto CLI? and Spree Planning

So I'm wanting to go on a small spree, but the cards I'm looking at are all Visa Signatures or World Mastercards. My Paypal Extras MC has a $7500 limit, AMEX Blue has $4000, Discover it is $3800, Cap1 Quicksilver is $3000, Chase Freedom is $2000, and Penfed is only $500.

The Freedom is seven months old this month and I haven't seen any increase. The first month I charged about $550. Second month I paid $520 and ended with a balance of $780. The next month I charged another $300 and then pif before the statement cut for $0 balance. Fourth month I charged $100 and pif before statement cut.  Fifth month I charged $1700 and let $1200 report. Last month I charged another $1000 and pif before the statement cut. Now this month I'm going to report about $950. Should I pif? Pay half and then the next half the next month? I have 0% interest so carrying a balance wouldn't be an issue.

I just want to get my current limits up before applying for CSP, USAA WMC, Merrill +, and maybe Sallie Mae WMC. I'd rather get the cards asap, but if I have to wait for CLIs I could. AMEX is eligible in late December. Discover is eligible now. Paypal should be good once this statement cuts, but maybe one more month. Cap1 isn't going to happen. I've already gotten increases from the EO twice. Penfed might be eligible in January. I'm not really sure how their CLIs work other then the account needing to be 12 months. AAOA is about 1.5 years and inquiries are 4 on each report. If I wait until mid January I'll have dropped to about 2 inq on each report and have a couple more months of age. Just not sure where to really go from here and I know you guys will give me solid advice.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase auto CLI? and Spree Planning

I would wait until your Amex CLI goes through and is updated on your CR's before apping for anything. There's really no way to determine if or when Chase will give you an auto CLI.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.