Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase auto cli?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase auto cli?

I'm just wondering what experience others have had with auto CLI's from Chase? Do they give them regularly and what should a cardholder go to get them? I have heard people say that they like you to hold a balance. I've also heard you they will give increases more if you put a lot of money through the card.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase auto cli?

I forgot to mention I just opened my Chase Freedom about a month ago. I am really hoping to get an increase at the six month mark
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You'll get more replies if you ask your question in the credit card section

Message 3 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The reviews are performed periodically.  There's various factors they consider for any auto-CLI, the primary being usage and established good payment history.  Lots of folks have reported a mix of carrying moderate balances from time to time or frequent high usage with PIF.  YEMV.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Overtime it has been reported on this forum and others that Chase has not been much for auto-credit limit increases. More likely you will request a CLI and Chase will do an HP. They claim a regular account review and some slight softening of SP CLIs has shown up but prepare yourself for a self requested CLI. I have had Chase since 2005 and never experienced a CLI.

Message 5 of 8
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm just wondering what experience others have had with auto CLI's from Chase? Do they give them regularly and what should a cardholder go to get them?

CLI's are based on credit and income just as other credit decisions.  I haven't received any but I've hit my internal limit with Chase.  My wife has received a few.

@Anonymous wrote:
I've also heard you they will give increases more if you put a lot of money through the card.

People tend to say that but usage isn't going to be the sole deciding factor.

Message 6 of 8
Ghoshida
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm just wondering what experience others have had with auto CLI's from Chase? Do they give them regularly and what should a cardholder go to get them? I have heard people say that they like you to hold a balance. I've also heard you they will give increases more if you put a lot of money through the card.

You might want to make it your 1 balance-holding card; that way, you satisfy their needs as well as get good FICO scores. They'd generally give out some increases, in my experience, in the following situations:

1) 5th or 6th statement cut, showed good usage, indication of paying multiple times the minimum.

2) Credit rating improvement (but generally not before (1)).

3) Drastic income improvement (generally not before (1) but if the account gets older). My SO got a big jump from them on Sapphire no-AF after getting a new job offer and updating income.

In my case, it worked with the Freedom but I started with a flimsy $500 limit. I'm in my first month with the CSP; will report when it reaches 6 months.

Message 7 of 8
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Ghoshida wrote:

You might want to make it your 1 balance-holding card; that way, you satisfy their needs as well as get good FICO scores. They'd generally give out some increases, in my experience, in the following situations:

1) 5th or 6th statement cut, showed good usage, indication of paying multiple times the minimum.

2) Credit rating improvement (but generally not before (1)).

3) Drastic income improvement (generally not before (1) but if the account gets older). My SO got a big jump from them on Sapphire no-AF after getting a new job offer and updating income.

In my case, it worked with the Freedom but I started with a flimsy $500 limit. I'm in my first month with the CSP; will report when it reaches 6 months.

My DW just got her Freedom from $500 to $1,000 after 5th statement.

Waiting for Discover (almost 9th statement)

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.