Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase backdoor for change in terms

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase backdoor for change in terms

I have had no luck with any of the Chase backdoor numbers for issues with their change in terms, from 2% to 5% minimum payments. All they will give me is a number to the consumer credit counseling services. Is anyone else having this issue? Is there another backdoor number that someone may have tried that worked?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase backdoor for change in terms

It could be that these terms are immutable. I don't see how they could impose this change on some and not on all, particularly in view of the fact that they are being sued over it. (They are being sued over a few other things as well.) I think whatever relief you will get is as a member of the class in a class action lawsuit. That won't be much after the lawyers get fed.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase backdoor for change in terms

Did you try the number mentioned in the FatWallet thread: 800-404-6220 ?

I understand that they ask about income and DTI and may not offer an alternative installment conversion if income is too low and/or DTI is too high. Several people reported getting their account converted to a 60-month term at low APR, with automatic closure at the end of the term.

There was a second number mentioned in that thread: 877-890-2941 or 877-890-2841, but that might be for their credit counseling department ...

Message Edited by Revike on 07-13-2009 01:08 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.