Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase balance transfer and cli combine

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase balance transfer and cli combine

I recently got approved for 2k Chase Southwest card which I plan to use while traveling in Europe for 4 weeks because it's my only zero foreign transaction fee card and I love being able to accumulate Southwest points. I would like a higher limit so I'm planning to get a 0% apr balance transfer card to transfer my chase freedom balance to so i can combine my freedom and southwest card to increase my the CL on my Southwest card. My interest in straticially using credit is fairly new so I'm wondering if this is the best way to get a CLI on my southwest card and if it will be hassle free to pull of. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
minski
Established Contributor

Re: Chase balance transfer and cli combine

I just transferred $4000 of my Amazon Visa credit limit on to my Chase Slate via Secured Message. It took a few days but it was very easy to do. I've had both cards for about 2 years, and regular use on my Amazon Visa card. 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should be able to do on SM but beware that if the ard has activity for the last 30 days you will have to leave $500 limit on it. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I get my Freedom (CL 1.7K) balance down to zero via a balance transfer I can only transfer 1.2K credit to my Chase southwest since the balance transfer will post as activity within 30days?
Message 4 of 5
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Very possible. It has to be 30 days of a zero balance from what I'm hearing.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.