Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase being super mean

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase being super mean

@patternofstars7 wrote:

Amex and Citi treat me like gold and Chase seems to dislike me with a passion. 

Anyone else have this happen to them?

I'm sure others have but it's the opposite for me.  Chase has been much more generous and provided better service than AmEx.

Message 21 of 48
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well, the taxpayers are paying for the CFPB. It's not about reporting petty occurrences, it's about holding people accountable. Consequently, the CFPB is avail to consumers as a resource to mediate wrongdoings in consumer financial products. Of course, yemv. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 22 of 48
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Well, the taxpayers are paying for the CFPB. It's not about reporting petty occurrences, it's about holding people accountable. Consequently, the CFPB is avail to consumers as a resource to mediate wrongdoings in consumer financial products. Of course, yemv. Lol

Catchy ... isn't it?

Message 23 of 48
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Pahahahaha!
So is it safe to infer that Chase's practice with this poster is Amex like? Aka...worthy the CFPB investigating....

Not the same thing.  Amex got busted for two main things:

1) Getting people to pay off charged off debt by implying it would help their credit even if the old debt was past SOL/Reporting Limitations and not on credit report

2) Getting people to subscribe to some program by implying they would get $300 credit

Right.  And part of the penalty was due to the clear bad faith involved.  In particular, on 1):

All three of the American Express subsidiaries deceived consumers into believing there were certain benefits to paying off old debt. Consumers were wrongly told that if they paid off the old debt, the payment would be reported to credit bureaus and could improve their credit scores. In fact, American Express was not reporting the payments and the debts were so old that even if they had tried to report them, many of the payments would not have appeared on these consumers’ credit reports or affected their credit scores. American Express also told some consumers that a portion of their debt would be waived or forgiven if they accepted certain settlement offers. But for customers who applied for a new American Express card, the company was not really forgiving or waiving the debt.

So there is nothing wrong with a bank holding past collections etc against you.  The SOL stuff just means that they cannot successfully sue you for the debt.  What Amex did is to persuade people to pay with misleading promises, and then made no attempt to fulfil the promise.

Message 24 of 48
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

As others have suggested, you should ring an analyst to see what the reason for the decrease was. The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau will do nothing to help in this case because Chase did nothing illegal in denying the application and lowering the limit on a current card.

Message 25 of 48
JustinNguyen
Contributor

chase has been real good to me... 1 mil times better than Amex !

Message 26 of 48
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

I've found botth Chase and Amex great. No problems, temporary shutdowns due to spending anomolies, or really anything negative. They provide me more than the flexibility I need in credit/charge cards.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 27 of 48
patternofstars7
Contributor

Update: Well I sent a secure message online and they said they sent a letter why I got the decrease but then automatically bumped back up to original $3500. Unsure if I'll recon on CSP. Really doubt that I'll get them to change their mind after I burned them

Message 28 of 48
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Omg...
Drop the CFPB. I was merely informing the op of potential recourse. Legality of any action is arguable.
Haha the OP doesn't even care at this point folks... :-p

YAY! You got the limit back! Congrats!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 29 of 48
bribro
Valued Contributor

Congrats on getting your original Freedom CL back OP. I think you might as well try recon for the CSP (nothing to lose). All this CFPB talk is ridiculous haha.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 30 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.