tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase being super mean

Message 31 of 48
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I have a 6000 cl and they decreased my limit today also to 4200. They did this after a 1600 payment. I don't care for them anymore. I have perfect payments and clean credit report. They are jealous of my 10,000 from Navy Federal, Ha!

Message 32 of 48
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@ShiningDown

Have you contacted them? The OP was successful in getting the CL restored with a phone call.
Message 33 of 48
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

I did send a message today so they will respond by tomorrow I guess. s who hould I have sent my message to?  I used the message box.

Message 34 of 48
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I believe a phone call to an analyst would work better in this situation. The number is in the backdoor sticky.
Message 35 of 48
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I am soooo scared of this happening to me!!!
I had a $4800 bal on a $5000 cl- been revolving this balance since Apr/May. This month I've paid it down to $3900. I called them to let them know I'd been paying the balance in full by October; the 0% expires in late Nov.

I want to just make a $3900 payment, but does anyone think if I make a few $1,000 pmts vs one big payment will help me avoid getting a CLD?

You have to know that large payments cause a second look...

They did tell me there would be no hold placed on a payment of that size, and I have banked with Chase for 4+ years.

I hope the op can get their limit restored too! Without a HP !
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 36 of 48
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

If you haven't had any weird activity on your credit report and you pay the bill every month, why worry about a CLD?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 37 of 48
patternofstars7
Contributor

@ShiningDown wrote:

I did send a message today so they will respond by tomorrow I guess. s who hould I have sent my message to?  I used the message box.

I just emailed them through the online message system. Got a response less than 24 hours later. I haven't gotten any alerts to being HP to get my original CL. As with the CSP I know Chase has all the power to deny due to past realtionship. Just stinks since I have several cards past the 10000 mark and haven't been late in over 7 years. Haven't had the chance to recon with work. Hopefully will be able Monday although dreading another HP.

Message 38 of 48
enharu
Super Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I am soooo scared of this happening to me!!!
I had a $4800 bal on a $5000 cl- been revolving this balance since Apr/May. This month I've paid it down to $3900. I called them to let them know I'd been paying the balance in full by October; the 0% expires in late Nov.

I want to just make a $3900 payment, but does anyone think if I make a few $1,000 pmts vs one big payment will help me avoid getting a CLD?

You have to know that large payments cause a second look...

They did tell me there would be no hold placed on a payment of that size, and I have banked with Chase for 4+ years.

I hope the op can get their limit restored too! Without a HP !

I don't think it will be an issue regardless of how you pay it.

Banks sometimes put a hold on payment if the amount is out of the extraordinary compared to what you have been paying.

However, if you have been making large payments before, the system will not flag it as an abnormality and simply process the payment without any issues.

A manual review will only occur if there's been instances of chargeback / bounceback in the past, or if they think there's fradulent activity, or if the amount is just so big they want to make sure they're really getting paid. A few thousand dollars in payment rarely does anything to trigger the system.

The only time I had my payment held was by Discover. Discover held my very first payment for 8 business days. It was for about 4k. After that, they have never once withdew any payments. 

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 39 of 48
ios1000

Pattern,

I wouldn't take it personally, they did the same thing to me this week, my cl has been over 12k for years, never missed a payment, always paid more than the min payment and they dropped me to 9k.

I sent a secure message asking why and got a reply that someone in the "appropriate dept" would look at it and respond within 7 days.  My credit scores are in the high 700's and have been for 10 years. The only thing i can think of is I have a citi card too and they just raised me to 13k so maybe Chase figures they will lower me??? I don't understand the process, if you have always been a great customer then what's the concern?

Good luck Smiley Happy

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.