@Stiga9 wrote:

what is the "E" in YEMV?

E=Experience.

ty

Message 11 of 48
patternofstars7
Contributor

Re: Chase being super mean

Utill hasn't changed. I haven't had a late payment with my current freedom card or any card in my file in over 7 years. In the past about 7 years ago I had a chaged off card with Chase. I did pay the collection company and that has fallen off report. I guess Chase does hold it against me. Meanwhile I have 2 amex revolvers and one charge and 3 citi cards all above 6000 CL each. Go figure Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 48
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol@FinStar...
Always tryina "get my goat"
OH! "GMG"...
Haha perhaps that is an excessive acronym

Didn't Amex lose a lawsuit for $100+ million for treating customers poorly who had burned them outside of the SOL or 7 year period? Or denying clis for similar reasons?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 48
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Lol@FinStar...
Always tryina "get my goat"
OH! "GMG"...
Haha perhaps that is an excessive acronym

Didn't Amex lose a lawsuit for $100+ million for treating customers poorly who had burned them outside of the SOL or 7 year period? Or denying clis for similar reasons?

Yeppers... they got sued and had to pay $112.5 million in refunds and fines to settle regulators' accusations that it charged unlawful late fees and deceived customers to pressure them to pay off old debts or buy extra credit card services... this all stemmed from like 2003.  The settlement was announced during 4Q12.  It was an AMEX ouchie for sure!

Message 14 of 48
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
FinStar always trying to be special. Smiley Tongue

You know me too well Lexie... lol

Message 15 of 48
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Pahahahaha!
So is it safe to infer that Chase's practice with this poster is Amex like? Aka...worthy the CFPB investigating....
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 48
red259
Super Contributor

What was your bad account? Did you have a CO? 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 17 of 48
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Pahahahaha!
So is it safe to infer that Chase's practice with this poster is Amex like? Aka...worthy the CFPB investigating....

Not the same thing.  Amex got busted for two main things:

1) Getting people to pay off charged off debt by implying it would help their credit even if the old debt was past SOL/Reporting Limitations and not on credit report

2) Getting people to subscribe to some program by implying they would get $300 credit

As a result, AMEX was forced to give the $300 payments and return money collected from old debts outside SOL/Reporting Limits.  Additionally they had to pay a bribe to the government for their time and effort.

In the OPs case, Chase is well within their rights to consider everything they have info on when considering how to handle OPs account.  On the other hand, I think it is bad CS on their part.  Either reject the guy and tell him it was because of bad debt or forgive him/give me a card/move on. 

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 18 of 48
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Pahahahaha!

Well, from what I've been reading and watching lately, it appears they're under a bit of scrutiny and dealing with like 7 separate litigation efforts... all from different fronts so it's going to be interesting how it's going to pan out for them... It's still going to be an ouchie for sure ...LOL

Message 19 of 48
parakleet
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

Pahahahaha!

Not the same thing.  Amex got busted for two main things:

1) Getting people to pay off charged off debt by implying it would help their credit even if the old debt was past SOL/Reporting Limitations and not on credit report

2) Getting people to subscribe to some program by implying they would get $300 credit

As a result, AMEX was forced to give the $300 payments and return money collected from old debts outside SOL/Reporting Limits.  Additionally they had to pay a bribe to the government for their time and effort.

In the OPs case, Chase is well within their rights to consider everything they have info on when considering how to handle OPs account.  On the other hand, I think it is bad CS on their part.  Either reject the guy and tell him it was because of bad debt or forgive him/give me a card/move on. 

+1 Personally, I would be careful about carelessly throwing out threats of CFPB investigations less it actually dilutes the seriousnes of a CFPB complaint. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 20 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.