Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase blacklist number?

tag
black_citi
Established Contributor

Chase blacklist number?

Is there a number I can call chase to determine if I've been BL? I tried the CSRs but they didn't seem to know what a BL was. I don't plan on apping with them until about a year but if I know if I've been BL then I can just move on. I do like Chase a lot and I will still do business with them even if I'm BL, but I just want to know if there's a way for me to find out before I app, get denied and end up with an inquiry.
Make More, Spend Less
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase blacklist number?

@black_citi wrote:
Is there a number I can call chase to determine if I've been BL? I tried the CSRs but they didn't seem to know what a BL was. I don't plan on apping with them until about a year but if I know if I've been BL then I can just move on. I do like Chase a lot and I will still do business with them even if I'm BL, but I just want to know if there's a way for me to find out before I app, get denied and end up with an inquiry.

No such number and no way to know if they will approve you or not.  When and how much did you burn them for and is it repaid?

Message 2 of 7
Finance805
Valued Member

If you are blacklisted you will not get an inquiry. It will just be an auto denied. I personally charged off a chase cc just over 7 years ago and recently got accepted for a CSP. But my scores jumped drastically as you can see in my Sig. Your scores may be low. On a side note I tried for a second one and was told during recon that my history shows a charge off so they are going slow with me... Fair enough imo
Updated Scores (All Pulled 4/9/15) - FICO: Equifax-774 / FICO: Experian-736 / FICO: TransUnion-777
Starting Scores - FICO: Equifax-670 (Pulled 9/2/12) / FICO: Experian-656 (Pulled 10/26/11) / FICO: TransUnion-627 (Pulled 11/14/11)
Message 3 of 7
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

I called underwriting. I didn't use the term blacklist, they won't know what it means. Without getting into specifics, I explained what I owed from 1/2008, and that they purchased the debt. They transferred me to collection department, whom said I was good to go (since they didn't have sufficient documentation for collection purposes). They also said that if I had any problems With approvals, to have them check with collections. Didn't have to do that, was auto online approved for both chase cards.
Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 7
black_citi
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@black_citi wrote:

No such number and no way to know if they will approve you or not.  When and how much did you burn them for and is it repaid?

Its kind of a long story but I owed 6k back in 2009. In 2010 it went into collections and I got a judgment. Started paying them $130 a month (0% interest) starting in oct 2010. Kept paying for 2 years and in Dec 2012 I owed 1700. Settled the account by paying $1000. They made some adjustments during those 2 years i was paying which is why all I owed was 1700. I have never filed BK.

Make More, Spend Less
Message 5 of 7
black_citi
Established Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
I called underwriting. I didn't use the term blacklist, they won't know what it means. Without getting into specifics, I explained what I owed from 1/2008, and that they purchased the debt. They transferred me to collection department, whom said I was good to go (since they didn't have sufficient documentation for collection purposes). They also said that if I had any problems With approvals, to have them check with collections. Didn't have to do that, was auto online approved for both chase cards.

I might have to do that when the time comes. I want the freedom and the amazon visa. Even if I got approved for $500 each, ill take it.

Make More, Spend Less
Message 6 of 7
black_citi
Established Contributor

@Finance805 wrote:
If you are blacklisted you will not get an inquiry. It will just be an auto denied. I personally charged off a chase cc just over 7 years ago and recently got accepted for a CSP. But my scores jumped drastically as you can see in my Sig. Your scores may be low. On a side note I tried for a second one and was told during recon that my history shows a charge off so they are going slow with me... Fair enough imo

If they are willing to let me in the door I will be estacic. A 500 SL is fine with me. 

Make More, Spend Less
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.