Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase blacklist questions.

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Chase blacklist questions.

Happy new year all

I have an unpaid chargeoff from 7+ years ago which has fallen off all CRs. It was a Wamu that Chase picked up.

I dont know if Im blacklisted or not

2 hopefully easy questions for you

IF YOU ARE BLACKLISTED ----

a) Will Chase let you open a checking account?

b) Will Chase let you be added as an AU to soemone elses account?

Thanks

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase blacklist questions.

Not sure about checking accounts, but even if it is off of your reports, Chase will still have record of the account. You shouldn't have a problem being added as an AU, and could even have a shot at getting your own. They might just start you off at a low limit if they approve you for a card to see how you are now.

Message 2 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you can't open a checking account, you may be able to open a Liquid card and after about six months, then apply for a checking account. 

Message 3 of 54
happypill
Valued Contributor

First, let me point out that a "blacklist" is an informal term.  Chase doesn't actually have an actual "blacklist" that they work off of.  Just based on stories and data in discussions and so forth, we can kind of see trends where they will not issue cards to people who have certain things in their histories.

That said, I'm pretty much on Chase's BL.  I burned them about 6 years and 10 months ago for about $5k (scheduled to drop off in about 2 months).  I have tried a number of times and the analysts have hinted strongly that I could get approved for a card once the item drops off my record.  I actually had a recon a couple of months ago (so a little more than 6.5 yrs) and the analyst said he would recommend me for approval, but ultimately I was declined most likely for too many new accounts.  Chase likes less than 5/24, I had about 25/24, so even though I may have cleared the BL hurdle, I'm still a tough approval for them currently.

Anyhow, back to the original question.  I was able to open a checking account with Chase about a year ago even though all indicators would show that I was BL from their CC products at the time.  They had a hefty account opening bonus and I was able to get that.  Highly recomment going for this free money if you're thinking about opening a checking account with Chase.

Message 4 of 54
UpInSmoke
Contributor

Meanmchine, if you are blacklisted for CC CO, Chase will allow you to have a checking account. They will even allow you to be an AU. But until they forgive you, you will be unable to get a CC. I CO'd $15K with Chase. Fell of in June. I app'd back in Nov. My internal EX Chase credit score was 737, but I was denied. DECISION: Delinquency or other derogatory relationship with our bank. I used a HP to find out. Good luck! I hope they're memory is shorter in your situation than it was mine.
Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 5 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm that chase does allow checking accounts for blacklisted persons, I get my bi-yearly $300 opening a checking account then close it 6 months later (I'm surprised they dont catch on to this). 

I know I haven't been pre qualed ever since, but it doesn't matter because of their 5/24 rule, however when and if I ever do fall below the 5/24 rule (probably 2020) I will apply for whatever is their best bonus giving card at that time.

Message 6 of 54
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Thank you and kudos to everyone for your help so far.  I guuess a little clraification from my is in order

Currently Im probably arount the 10/24 mark, maybe a little less. So applying for one of their premire cards is out of the question

My targeted cards of interest would probably be the AARP card or the Disney card. From what Ive seen Chase likes to double pull new customers ( usually EQ and EX) I have no problem with them doing this. HOWEVER it now appears that Chase is double pulling even if you are on the blacklist. Im sorry but Im not going to allow a double pull when they already know Im going to be denied.  That is the reason for my questons. Im trying to find out if there is a way to get Chase to "tip their hand" into letting me know before apping if im on the BL

>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 7 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait a second. I had a HUGE charge off with Chase back in 1997 (about $22,000) , although 4 years afterwards, before I was sued or anything, I was able to pay the charge off with an inheritance. I now have 3 different Chase cards including a Sapphire Reserve. Did you simply never pay them on the CO? And did you get sued as well?

Message 8 of 54
UpInSmoke
Contributor

I never paid nor was I sued. I've heard that they're more likely to let you back in if you've paid your debt. With so many other options out there and the fact that I spent 7 years in debtor's prison, I'll just pass on Chase.
Business Lines:

Personal Lines:

Lines of Credit:

Message 9 of 54
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

My CO was for about $1400 never paid / never sued  I also have a closed Chase medical account $5000 CL which was PIF never late  The CO has aged off a reports a few months ago

Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.