Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase caed paid off but not showing in 4 months

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase caed paid off but not showing in 4 months

So like it says I paid off a nearly maxed out chase card in may, but it still shows up with the old balance on myfico. I called chase and they said we send them something every month. What should I do? This is really affecting my credit score negatively.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase caed paid off but not showing in 4 months

you got new reports today?

Message 2 of 9
redhed1026
New Contributor

If you have a recent CR, you could always dispute it as "balance incorrect". A couple of folks have mentioned doing that for other companies who are not quick to report updated balances (WFNNB is one of them).

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

By disputing it with "balance incorrect" do you mean writing all 3 bureaus with that info? Thanks

Message 4 of 9
redhed1026
New Contributor

If it's showing the wrong balance for all three bureaus, and it's been that way for months, I would recommend disputing with all three. However, you'll need a report or file # from a current copy of your credit report to dispute it. You should be able to do the disputes online with the bureaus, once you have current CR copies.

Message 5 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

The CRA's can only report what the creditors send them. I would pursue this with Chase.

Just my opinion.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never dispute a positive tradeline with the CRA - never!  Use the card again for a small purchase and allow the card to report the balance.

Message 7 of 9
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

By disputing it with "balance incorrect" do you mean writing all 3 bureaus with that info? Thanks

mattcarle, to repeat what another poster asked, have you pulled a new myFICO report?

Reports don't refresh, and lots of people don't realize this at first. What's the date on the report you're looking at?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 8 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I agree with the post to not dispute with CRA unless your willing to loose the whole account. I once disputed an incorrect balance with citi and from that date on it showed the account was open and in good standing but never reported a balance or CL ever again and that was over a 5 year period,  I lost a $22,500 reporting CL

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.