Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase called me

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Chase called me

They do not send emails, nor secure messages. I got a call with no message. They were confirming a purchase was not fraud. They had locked my account. It would have been closed had I not called back. Chase NEVER makes marketing calls (if you do not bank with them). Even cap one does not make marketing calls, they send mail.
Signature needs updating
Message 21 of 32
red259
Super Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:
They do not send emails, nor secure messages. I got a call with no message. They were confirming a purchase was not fraud. They had locked my account. It would have been closed had I not called back. Chase NEVER makes marketing calls (if you do not bank with them). Even cap one does not make marketing calls, they send mail.

I called back and it took like 30 mins of being transferred around to find out what it was about. My accounts were not locked but they wanted to confirm all my pending purchases on my marriott card. Giant pain in the neck. It would have been simpler if they left a message with a direct number to call instead of me having to use google to figure out who it was. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 22 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

+100

Message 23 of 32
Kidcat
Established Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

Anytime they've confirmed a purchase from their fraud unit, I always receive a text, email requesting I call, and a phone call, and they always leave a message requesting a return phone call.

Last app 09/21/2021. Gardening Goal Oct 2023
Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America called yesterday "Hi this is Mrs Potato Head from Bank of America, please call us back on our 24 hour line. blah blah blah...have a nice day. That was it. It was the generic number for Bank of America. It was not her direct line. No one could tell me why they called. I have 8 different products with them. I wasn't going to wait for them to check notes on all of them. If they call back, I will pick up this time.

It would be nice to have detailed message!!

Message 25 of 32
amakol
Regular Contributor

Reflects poorly on Chase. They should have left a message, or online notification/email.

Though do you have alerts turned on? I've had Chase fraud purchase confirmation texts, emails and voicemails in the past, both in the US and abroad.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 26 of 32
red259
Super Contributor

@amakol wrote:

Reflects poorly on Chase. They should have left a message, or online notification/email.

Though do you have alerts turned on? I've had Chase fraud purchase confirmation texts, emails and voicemails in the past, both in the US and abroad.

I will check my settings, but I don't want any additional alerts than absolutely necessary. Citi will send me text messages where I can confirm the purchase right there on the spot, better than havin to sit there and go through every single pending purchase some of which were for like $4. I'm pretty sure the large charge I made tonight triggered this in conjunction with adding an AU recently (although the pending charges were all made with the main card). Been spending on it for past three weeks or so, so am suprised that they do this now instead of right away. I'm almost certain I have had chase text me before with fraudulent charges. Had two cards that someone made fradulent charges on and I had to get replaced. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 27 of 32
amakol
Regular Contributor

Yeah, I can't recall specifics for other types but I know they send texts. They texted ASAP after a $3500 security deposit for a car rental in Mexico. Good old Thrifty...

I know what you mean about the notifications. I always tell myself they're trying to look out for my identity (more importantly their liability). Though the one time I've actually had a fraudulent charge Amex missed it and I had to call in.

Glad it worked out for your account.

EQ 740 FICO, 4 INQ | EX 736 FICO, 5 INQ | TU 745 FICO, 5 INQ | CL $175K | AAOA 4 Years
Message 28 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@red259 wrote:

I receieved a call from 800-935-9935 which upon an internet search appears to be Chase. They didn't leave a message. I have no idea why they would be calling. I checked online and everything appears in order there. I checked my email and didn't receieve any email from chase. I'm not past due on any payments or even carrying any balances. Just kinda weird since I have never had chase call me before. I don't bank with them just credit cards. 

They probabaly were calling to verify you received your card etc etc. They called me as well. 

Message 29 of 32
lincar66
Frequent Contributor

I would call because like people have said don't be surprised if you ignore them to have your accounts closed without notice.

Sometimes it has nothing to do with your financial picture they could want to verify info and I will say as an insurance underwriter that was dropped for car insurance by the company I work for lol

I have seen policyholders have there policy shutdown over SMALL details that seem insignificant but when your a HUGE company very little losses are huge when you have millions of customers.

Stop thinking that we are looked at individually we are a number that gets chewed up by a algorithm and spit out the other end with a yay or nay
Eq-670(dcu)ex-664 tu-693
NFCU Cash Rewards---8500k Joint Cash Rewards 2k NavCheck----15000 cap one 2500 cap one 2k synchrony furniture card 1500 walmart store card 6k walmart mastercard 6000 Firestone 1400 amazon 6k Lowes 12k serta 4k care credit 4800 rotman furniture card 1500 stash visa 2k bp visa 1500 PayPal MasterCard ????
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.