Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase--calling GW

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase--calling GW

I have a quick question, has anyone called Chase and actually had late payments removed?

We paid off the balance last month (2.5K), we plan to keep the card (it was Circuit City and was changed to Chase Freedom). We have 1 late 30 days payment from Sept. 2006. I'm not sure if I should call to get this removed or send a letter instead...any suggestions? Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase--calling GW

I just recently had good luck with email, but it was on a card that has been closed for 2 years where all they had to do was delete the tradeline.  It's worth a shot, but from what I understand mail or email work best for Chase.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a GW letter to Chase for an old (closed PIF) account with multiple lates. 

Chase deleted the TL from all CRA's (well EQ is dragging, but it is gone on TU and EX).

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually just called them last week to ask for a GW adjustment.  I had a 30 day late reporting for February 2009.  I was in the hospital in January and was off work the entire month.  I called them and explained the situation and the gentleman I spoke to said they would remove the late from the credit bureaus.  Good luck.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

do you have the email address you used?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.