Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase came through

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Chase came through

My history with Chase was not pleasant and I had all but written them off.  Last month (in a last ditch effort) I applied and was eventually approved for the Hyatt card at $12K. 

Soon after I received the card I had an unanticipated one night stay at a Hyatt House. I noticed on the kitchen bulletin board an offer to apply for the Chase card with the same 2-free nights after $1K spend, but it also included a $50 statement credit after first purchase.  I called CS and spoke with a rep., who stated that she couldn't do anything about it, but that since I had just received the card she would forward it to proper new accts channel.  She advised it cold take two statements for the crdit to appear, if it was approved.

To my surprise, when I logged into my account this morning, the $50 credit was already showing.Smiley Very Happy  It was less than 2 weeks!  I hope the relationship continues in this manner going foward.

EDITED for missing word.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase came through

Ooops, meant to post this under Credit Cards - my mistake.Smiley Embarassed

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice.. Glad they honour their word-

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is great. I have heard some other bad stories on Chase with advertised rewards.
Message 4 of 5
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Congrats.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.