cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase can do Temporary CLI's if you need it.

tag
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

Chase can do Temporary CLI's if you need it.

Had the case where my Chase Freedom needed a little extra room, DW was going to rent a car and she is only AU on my Freedom card so needed several hundred to cover the rental hold, Sunday called the Number on the back card to move $500 of my Chase Slate card to the Freedom for some reason the system wouldn't let them move the CL over, and the  lending department wasn't availible so the supervisor did a temporary CLI on the card, its suppose to be for 5 days but time isn't over yet.Part of me wants to call them and try and talk them into letting me keep the $500 CLI permanently.

Just wanted let others know in case life happens they can give you a temp CLI via a SP,

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
notfancy
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase can do Temporary CLI's if you need it.

yet another reason to want a Chase account.... ::dreamy look::

625 EQ FICO Current Score: 660 DCU EQ FICO/ 645 Scorewatch EQ FICO , EX FICO 664, TU FICO 737 (08/2014)
Goal Score: 700   Seedling again as of 07/29/14
Message 2 of 7
brianjb
Contributor

That is really great customer service!

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 3 of 7
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@jamesdwi wrote:

Had the case where my Chase Freedom needed a little extra room, DW was going to rent a car and she is only AU on my Freedom card so needed several hundred to cover the rental hold, Sunday called the Number on the back card to move $500 of my Chase Slate card to the Freedom for some reason the system wouldn't let them move the CL over, and the  lending department wasn't availible so the supervisor did a temporary CLI on the card, its suppose to be for 5 days but time isn't over yet.Part of me wants to call them and try and talk them into letting me keep the $500 CLI permanently.

Just wanted let others know in case life happens they can give you a temp CLI via a SP,

thanks for the info Smiley Happy learn something new everday Smiley Very Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 4 of 7
Fico2Go
Established Contributor

That's fantastic! 

Little things like this can make a lifelong customer happy. 

Discover IT $19,000 == 12/2013
AMEX 12/2013 ---BCP $12,000 === BC $23,000 ----- 04/2014
CHASE SLATE $5,700 === 12/2013
BoA 123 $6000 === 12/2013
Barclay Rewards $1500 == 12/2013
Message 5 of 7
drcc2013
Valued Member

cap1 has done this for me also in the past

Message 6 of 7
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

When Discover declined my request for a  permanent increase recently they offered me a temporary increase. I thanked them and said no problem I will  just use any of my other cards then where limit is no issue. Many lenders can do this.It is always worth asking.  Years ago I did a large purchase on my BofA card like this with a double temporary CL... a very nice service indeed. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.