cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cannot expedite Marriott Rewards??

tag
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Chase cannot expedite Marriott Rewards??

I just called Chase to try to get my Marriott card expedited and they said that an account number had not generated so they were unable to do it. Has anyone else had experience with this? Should I call back in a few days? I already spoke to 2 people today who gave me the same answer.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase cannot expedite Marriott Rewards??

They can expedite it, but it takes a couple extra days to set up the account. I would think that this is most likely due to chase having to link your marriott rewards number to the account (Marriott rewards number is actually laser engraved on the back of the card)

If you contact them immediately after the card shows next to your csp on the Chase login page, they will be able to expedite the card at that point. I think the lag for the card to show up in the Chase portal was 2-3 days after approval in my case. After it showed up in the portal I sent them a secured message and they expedited the card via ups next day air.
EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 2 of 8
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@OptimasPrime wrote:
They can expedite it, but it takes a couple extra days to set up the account. I would think that this is most likely due to chase having to link your marriott rewards number to the account (Marriott rewards number is actually laser engraved on the back of the card)

If you contact them immediately after the card shows next to your csp on the Chase login page, they will be able to expedite the card at that point. I think the lag for the card to show up in the Chase portal was 2-3 days after approval in my case. After it showed up in the portal I sent them a secured message and they expedited the card via ups next day air.

+1...because of the linking up to the rewards it takes some time

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 3 of 8
enharu
Super Contributor

@MissCredit9 wrote:

I just called Chase to try to get my Marriott card expedited and they said that an account number had not generated so they were unable to do it. Has anyone else had experience with this? Should I call back in a few days? I already spoke to 2 people today who gave me the same answer.

Give it 1-2 days for the account numbers to be generated. Then call again and they can expedite it.

It may take longer since Thursday is a public holiday.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 8
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I recently got the card and it took 3 days for the Marriott card to appear in my Chase account. Did not call to expedite once the account was visible but I would stronly recommend to do so as it took 14 days to receive the card...and I just lost 14 nights worth of points...had to pay with another card. ...Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 8
MissCredit9
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the help guys.. I will definitely have it expedited once it shows up. I have stuff I actually need to spend on soon so I would rather meet my spend that way than be scrambling to figure out how I should do it.

AMEX PRG NPSL, FIDELITY REWARDS 50K, CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE 27K, AMEX DELTA SKYMIES GOLD 25K, CITI DIAMOND PREFERRED 22K, CHASE FREEDOM 20K, CITI DOUBLE CASH 15.5K, BARCLAYCARD REWARDS MASTERCARD 15K, CHASE MARRIOTT PREMIER 5K, CAPITAL ONE SONY CARD 5.75K, CAPITAL ONE QUICKSILVER 3.5K, AMAZON STORECARD 6K, VICTORIAS SECRET 2650, EXPRESS NEXT 1850,Gardening2/17/17.
Message 6 of 8
Hockeyplayrr
Frequent Contributor

same thing happened to me.  They need to verify your Marriott Rewards account.  Once that is done it can be expedited.  The whole process took about 5 days from my request to having it in my hand.

Credit Scores: Equifax - 744 (Oct FICO) | Experian 736(Oct Fico) | Transunion - 755(Oct Fico)

Credit Lines: Diners Club 20k | Penfed Plat Rewards 7k | SDFCU 5k | Amex BCE - 10.5k | Chase Freedom 4.5k | CSP - 10.6k | Discover IT - 9k | Sallie Mae 3.8k | BofA 123 - 4.9k | CITI Double Cash 9.1k | Total Rewards 3.25k
Message 7 of 8
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

+1

It just takes a while. Your Marriott number is etched on the back of the card (hey IHG, SPG, Hilton and Club Carlson I'm looking at you). I had about a 3 week wait as the first one they sent me never arrived.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.