Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase card delivery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase card delivery

I didnt know they look their sweet time either. Got to me 10 days after approval. Agony!
That being said, have a great trip and you'll have something fun to open when you get back home! Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not Chase, but last year I applied for my Discover a couple days before Thanksgiving and I received it on December 6 (so a couple weeks) which was funny because my statement close date is on the 5th of each month so I had my first statement the night before I got my card.

Mail is notoriously delayed this time of year, unfortunately.

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CSP was "expedited" (they got really hung up when I used the word overnight to request it.) I applied for it on Thanksgiving and it arrived first thing Monday morning. Still waiting on the Freedom. It has some Amazon holiday shopping to do at 10x, so it needs to get to daddy sooner rather than later.
Message 13 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Depends who you talk to. Haha. Chase ships UPS Overnight Air Saver for most expedited cards. If you want saturday delivery, you need to specifically request it, and they'll change it to UPS Overnight Air (non-saver). You also need to make the request by (probably) 4PM EST, as they ship out around 7PM EST.
Message 14 of 24
Nova5041
Frequent Contributor

It took 2 full weeks to get my chase united card. My CSP card I got it overnight. When I called chase to inquire about the delay. She told me that the united card takes longer because it has to go through more channels like hooking up to your united account. Hope this helps!

BK 7 Discharged: 5/30/2018
Fico Scores after Discharge: Experian-552 TransUnion- 490 Equifax- 571
Message 15 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:
Depends who you talk to.Haha. Chase ships UPS Overnight Air Saver for most expedited cards. If you wantsaturday delivery, you need to specifically request it, and they'll change it to UPS Overnight Air (non-saver). You also need to make the request by (probably)4PM EST, as they ship out around7PM EST.

Always amazes me how Chase/Amex and the likes can make a card and get it mailed within a few hours when you think it would "mess" up the line to put a special request in to have it produced prior to the scheduled normal time it would be made and manage to get it shipped within a few hours of the request.  Guess they are using some fancy equipmentSmiley Happy

Message 16 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Curiousity...fellow app'ers,  how badly does Thanksgiving, or any other holiday, delay delivery of a card?

In a nutshell, delivery companies don't operate on those days so such days don't count for the delviery timeframe.

Message 17 of 24
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Curiousity...fellow app'ers,  how badly does Thanksgiving, or any other holiday, delay delivery of a card?

In a nutshell, delivery companies don't operate on those days so such days don't count for the delviery timeframe.

They still operate, just not with the types of mail we're talking about. 

UPS will still mail Express Critical packages, and FedEx will still mail custom critical packages. Whether anyone could get someone at chase (or any other bank) to send them a card this way is, I would say, unlikely. Maybe if your card is stolen, but even then it is a bit of a longshot. 

UPS Critical shipping from south dakota to my zip code, by 7AM tomorrow morning, would cost anywhere between $355.77, and $849.05.

Seems like overkill. Same price to get it delivered tonight though. 

Message 18 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@jsucool76 wrote:

@takeshi74 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They still operate, just not with the types of mail we're talking about. 

UPS will still mail Express Critical packages, and FedEx will still mail custom critical packages. Whether anyone could get someone at chase (or any other bank) to send them a card this way is, I would say, unlikely. Maybe if your card is stolen, but even then it is a bit of a longshot. 

UPS Critical shipping from south dakota to my zip code, by 7AM tomorrow morning, would cost anywhere between $355.77, and $849.05.

Seems like overkill. Same price to get it delivered tonight though. 

wow that is steepSmiley Happy...  I know you can drop stuff at physical airlines as well to be shipped to another city, unsure of the costs though if you need something there same day.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got it while I was on vacation.  It was sweet agony while I sat on my AA flight and their magazines, even their monitors pimped out the AA card.  Insult to injury, homie in coach sitting next to me was accumulating miles, I watched as he whipped out his Aavantage to buy fruit plate. 

Working on funneling spend to get my bonus now. This card is my pride and joy. 

Also noted, today I decided to check a prequal, and Cap1 is now prequal for Venture, not One, but Venture.  I got my Chase. Nope. No triple pull for you.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.