Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cardmember Since Date

tag
cottoncrown
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase cardmember Since Date

You may have gotten your first card before they starts doing it. Both my wife and I got two cards from chase and the member date was in the first app card. My freedom doesn't have it, hers does. My amtrak has it, hers doesn't.
Message 51 of 79
newUser0
Established Contributor

Interesting. Even I got my freedom for that 20K offer.

Message 52 of 79
Open123
Super Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

Well, unless you're fortunate enough to live in a MS-friendly area, the sign-up bonus cards are the best bang for your buck, or HP new account cost, in this case.

Message 53 of 79
newUser0
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@newUser0 wrote:

Well, unless you're fortunate enough to live in a MS-friendly area, the sign-up bonus cards are the best bang for your buck, or HP new account cost, in this case.

I live in a small town. I am really surprised to see, how many people got to know about MS here.

These are the replies I get from the CVS Cashier

1) (Lady) Sir, I really don't know why these are in huge demand. I myself sell 20 of these and they get sold off so quickly. I always wonder why they don't send us more stock of this, so we don't dissappoint our customers?

2) (Guy) Hey Bro!! Do you mind telling me why do all take these cards? Any special offers?

I think some times, don't know, If they really don't know about this, after being working there for many years.

But still, I don't think MS on freedom is that worth? You have more thoughts on how best to do MS on this?

Message 54 of 79
Open123
Super Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

But still, I don't think MS on freedom is that worth? You have more thoughts on how best to do MS on this?

Can't really comment on the MS, but you can search for it.

However, I don't MS, but value the Freedom when the 5% Drugstore category pops up.  Or, since I shop at Supermarkets and office stores with regularity, I value cards that offer added rewards for those retailers, such as Amex Blue Cash or Chase Ink cards.

Message 55 of 79
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@cottoncrown wrote:
You may have gotten your first card before they starts doing it. Both my wife and I got two cards from chase and the member date was in the first app card. My freedom doesn't have it, hers does. My amtrak has it, hers doesn't.

Might be right...just checked with DD and her new Freedom has the MSD. 

Message 56 of 79
newUser0
Established Contributor

Oh!! But I have checked Freedom Calender. They don't have Pharmacy this year.Smiley Sad

Blue cash and Ink, will be added my wallet at end of this year.Smiley Tongue

Message 57 of 79
newUser0
Established Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@cottoncrown wrote:

Might be right...just checked with DD and her new Freedom has the MSD. 

Thanks for the confirmation Lexie. So finally "Only our first Chase cards will have MSD" seems to be true.

Would ask chase, some time later, to add MSD to my CSP.

Message 58 of 79
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

I think some times, don't know, If they really don't know about this, after being working there for many years.

Wel,, it's not VERY useful because of the cap, but if you can take advantage of it, why not?   As Open123 implies, it is somewhat geographically dependent.  Some people find gas stations (or things that count as gas stations)  that sell gift cards or VRs and so for 2 Qs a year can get $1,500 worth.  (I haven't so far!).  And if drug stores are a category, that is another etc.    So if you were able to find something every quarter, you could get 30K UR, which is something.  The downside is that some of this you would get without MS, if you can make full use of a category anyway.

Message 59 of 79
newUser0
Established Contributor

I have never got any thing from a Gas station yet. Do you know, few stations that have these GC available?

I have Shell, Conoco, On Cue, Kum and Got etc in my area.

Message 60 of 79
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.