@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 5 cards with Chase.

Amazon - $5500   SL was $500

Hyatt - $5500

IHG - $5500

AARP - $5500

Disney - $5500

Only card I really use is the AARP. Going to close the Hyatt and IHG cards soon. Then I am going to combine Amazon into the AARP and maybe in a year combine Disney into AARP. In the end I only want 1 or 2 cards I went overboard with applying for cards got caught up in the excitement of seeing APPROVED.

You are one among many.

dime a dozen

Message 21 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase cards - HOW MANY

Two as of today Smiley Happy

Chase Freedom SL 8/15 $4500 still the same

Chase Sapphire Preferred 4/16 $8000

Message 22 of 63
blondy250
Established Contributor

Freedom 18K

CSP 32K

Happy with both, wish the freedom categories didn't coincide with Discover catagories so much.

Fico 8 12/9/17
Equifax 850, TransUnion 842 10/30/17 , Experian 842 12/11/17 . AAOA 12 years Oldest 20
No inquires since 2014
All credit reports frozen
Fico 8 Equifax Bankcard 866 12/27/16
Message 23 of 63
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Amazon starting 3000, now closed.
Freedom, forget starting, raised to 4K, moved 1k from Amaxon to 5k, later closed Amazon and made it 7k. Happy (wish could use 0%, but mortgage app does not allow for any balance to report).
AARP, starting and current 5800, really like, though moving down while Discover is dining.

Might arrange for AARP to change to Ink Cash, since it is kinda duplicative in many ways to other cards. Have had no issues with Chase cards, reliable.

Signature needs updating
Message 24 of 63
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Just 2: Freedom Unlimited (was CSP): $4K
Matriott: $8K
I would like the IHG and Freedom. One day
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 25 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@NRB525 wrote:

2005 Providian card, high balance 12,500 on $16k limit. Closed by bank 2009, paid to zero in 2012.

Ahhhh the Providian cards. I remember those days. I think we all had those. Man I use to love my card. Back in my teenage days. HAD NOT A CARE IN THE WORLD! Now I'm 37 and realize that I needed that to build a good credit profile. You live and you learn. Ok, back on topic!

Message 26 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blondy250 wrote:

Freedom 18K

CSP 32K

Happy with both, wish the freedom categories didn't coincide with Discover catagories so much.

Yeah I'm not that thrilled with all these categories you have to activate on. Barclays does that too. And I don't even use that card. I only did a BT the 1st time I got it and paid a bill, and that was that. With a $1k CL, I can put that to rest until they decide to up the ante...or NOT! For now, it's Chase all the way.

Message 27 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

CSP- $21k...probably favorite overall card

Freedom- $14k...can't complain about a no AF card thats me 5x UR's on categories I spend anyway, always gets my spend over Discover during overlapping quarters

Freedom Unlimited- $8k...going to be 100% of my non-bonus spend...if you can't tell I'm a little invested into UR's lol

Slate- $2k...almost 10 years old, useless to me now but definitely served a purpose at the time and I keep it open to help AAoA

Southwest- $20k...just got it for the bonus, may cancel not sure yet but I don't generally cancel cards and the 6000 anniversary points is worth the AF to me

Hyatt- $32k...LOVE this card, AF more than worth the Anny night and platinum status has actually been benefitial to me...not a ton of non Hyatt spend but I have gotten some targeted offers for bonus points that I've always taken advatage of

Ink Plus- $5k...newest card, disappointed in $5k limit but as you can see I'm porbably close to my internal limit at that time...so far awesome for building my UR's will either app for Ink cash and cancel or just downgrade to ink cash at 1 yr anny

Mileage Plus Explorer card and RC in the future as long and the 5/24 co-branded rumors aren't true

Message 28 of 63
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase cards – HOW MANY

Personal: Freedom: $1.5K - Use it for quarterly bonuses IHG: $18K - Use it for travel to IHG properties and for the annual free night AU: Disney: $15K - only use it for about a month or two before going to a Disney Park Freedom: $10K - main card for the quarterly bonuses between myself and DW CSP: $20K - main card for everyday purchases to build up points
Message 29 of 63
Greers
Established Member

Re: Chase cards – HOW MANY

Southwest SL 2000 just got it will take care of it so it can increase nicely.
Message 30 of 63
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.