Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cards question

tag
joe867
Valued Member

Chase cards question

I currently have the CSP and Ink Bold. I use the CSP as my daily card and use the Bold for the 5x catergories. I got both in February of last year which means the AF is coming up. My plan is to transfer all of my UR points to the Bold and PC the CSP to the CS the apply for the Ink Plus and PC the Bold to the Classic after tansferring the points to the Plus. Is this a sound strategy? My overall goals are to not close anything to help age things while maintaing my access to UR points and avoiding the AFs. Anything I'm missing or overlooking?

EX 761 (5/14); EQ 784 (4/14); TU 778 (5/14)

NFCU cashRewards 23k | Marriott Premier MC 18k | US Bank Club Carlson 15k | Amex BCP 14.3k | Citi AA Exec 13k | Barclays US Airways 10k | PSECU 7.5k | Amex SPG 7k | Amex Old Blue Cash 5k | Chase Sapphire 5k | Ink Plus 5k | PenFed Platinum Rewards 5k | PenFed Defender 5k | PenFed LOC 5k | Gap 4300 | Amex SPG Biz | Amazon Chase 500 |
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase cards question

Is it true that CPS, ink bold, ink plus, any one of these three cards can combine other account's UR points and transfer to partner program?

Message 2 of 7
joe867
Valued Member

Yes

NFCU cashRewards 23k | Marriott Premier MC 18k | US Bank Club Carlson 15k | Amex BCP 14.3k | Citi AA Exec 13k | Barclays US Airways 10k | PSECU 7.5k | Amex SPG 7k | Amex Old Blue Cash 5k | Chase Sapphire 5k | Ink Plus 5k | PenFed Platinum Rewards 5k | PenFed Defender 5k | PenFed LOC 5k | Gap 4300 | Amex SPG Biz | Amazon Chase 500 |
Message 3 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

@joe867 wrote:

I currently have the CSP and Ink Bold. I use the CSP as my daily card and use the Bold for the 5x catergories. I got both in February of last year which means the AF is coming up. My plan is to transfer all of my UR points to the Bold and PC the CSP to the CS the apply for the Ink Plus and PC the Bold to the Classic after tansferring the points to the Plus. Is this a sound strategy? My overall goals are to not close anything to help age things while maintaing my access to UR points and avoiding the AFs. Anything I'm missing or overlooking?

Don't think you can PC the bold. Your AAoAs won't take an immediate hit by closing a card as it will remain on your credit report for years to come. The biz cards aren't reporting on your personal credit report, unless you have lates. If you can spare the inq I would apply for the freedom and then transfer your balance from the csp to the freedom. Once you close out the csp you can reapply in two years for the bonus. Plus you can get the freedom bonus now and with the 5x categories on the freedom I think it will pay off better. Next quarter includes restaurants and I view the freedom as being better than the regular CS. In terms of biz cards you can keep the bold and get the ink plus. Then pc the ink plus at the end of the year before AF hits. You just need one card CSP or ink plus/bold to be able to transfer UR points to travel partners. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 7
joe867
Valued Member

I didn't realize you couldn't PC the Bold... So apply for Ink Plus, close Bold, PC CSP to CS, and apply for Freedom?

Message 5 of 7
AyalaZero
New Contributor

Question, hopefully someone has the answer. Smiley Happy  If I PC from Saphire Preferred to the Saphire, will it add a new TL to my report?

Starting Scores: Low 500's 2/27/08
Current Scores:Transunion: 700 02/13/15 Experian: 713 02/17/15 Equifax: 736 02/18/15
Goal Score: 770 Across the board!!
Message 6 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@AyalaZero wrote:

Question, hopefully someone has the answer. Smiley Happy  If I PC from Saphire Preferred to the Saphire, will it add a new TL to my report?

No, the card number will remain the same.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.