Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cards…

tag
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Re: Chase cards…

I've been with Chase for going on 5 years now and have had very good customer service with them.  I use them for my main checking account, have a savings, my mortgage and 5 CCs.  The UR program is excellent and the CSP card gives Amex a run for their money.  It's hard nowadays to find a big bank that does a lot of good things right! Smiley Wink

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 11 of 35
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I like the rewards of the CSP as well as the sign up bonus. The rate is good, but not great. Also the look of the CSP is cool and made out of metal

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 12 of 35
bmd0224
New Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:
What is it about chase credit cards that people want them so bad? It seems the csp and freedom are the most wanted cards. Why is this?

Agreed about customer service being great! You can also switch around credit limits after having the card for a matter of a few months whereas other lenders make you wait 13 months if I'm not mistaken. Get the CSP, you can't go wrong! Plus no Foreign Transaction Fees.

01/11/13:
EQ Fico: 716 (from myfico)
TU Fico: 719 (from Walmart)
EX Fico: 719 (from myfico)

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Message 13 of 35
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@bmd0224 wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:
What is it about chase credit cards that people want them so bad? It seems the csp and freedom are the most wanted cards. Why is this?

Agreed about customer service being great! You can also switch around credit limits after having the card for a matter of a few months whereas other lenders make you wait 13 months if I'm not mistaken. Get the CSP, you can't go wrong! Plus no Foreign Transaction Fees.

I just got the CSP as well as united both $5k limits

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 14 of 35
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Freedom has one of the better cashback programs, plus I bank with Chase. The second I click "submit" when making a payment, it is reflected in my bank account and avail cred.
Also, 0% for bts and prchses for 15 months ?!?! Can't go wrong!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 35
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@Revelate wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

@kwinks wrote:

Also customer service is really great! I have never had one issue with them vs say Bank of America cash rewards which is a pain to pay every month because I can't do it online. 

I don't like boa any more their site is a pain in the *** I am getting rid of them as soon as I can....I am sticking with chase for every thing now

You may want / need a diversity of lenders in the future.  Trying incredibly hard not to get on my soapbox, but I'd point out you may be disavantaging yourself by this approach of kicking every institution you dislike in the slighest to the curb... you can't approach relationships like that and expect to get much of anywhere, perfect does not exist.

I can pretty much guaruntee Chase will annoy you at some point in the future as well.

Revelate makes an excellent point regarding diversity.  There was a post a few months ago regarding Chase closing all of the posters CL. From what I remember the poster also had business accounts (Ink and bank accounts) they were affected as well.  Later, they did return some CL but not at all or they were reduced.  

YMMV

Message 16 of 35
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

@kwinks wrote:

Also customer service is really great! I have never had one issue with them vs say Bank of America cash rewards which is a pain to pay every month because I can't do it online. 

I don't like boa any more their site is a pain in the *** I am getting rid of them as soon as I can....I am sticking with chase for every thing now

You may want / need a diversity of lenders in the future.  Trying incredibly hard not to get on my soapbox, but I'd point out you may be disavantaging yourself by this approach of kicking every institution you dislike in the slighest to the curb... you can't approach relationships like that and expect to get much of anywhere, perfect does not exist.

I can pretty much guaruntee Chase will annoy you at some point in the future as well.

Revelate makes an excellent point regarding diversity.  There was a post a few months ago regarding Chase closing all of the posters CL. From what I remember the poster also had business accounts (Ink and bank accounts) they were affected as well.  Later, they did return some CL but not at all or they were reduced.  

YMMV

there has to be alot more to that story then what was told...he may not have been good with limits or payments or bank accounts..who knows

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 17 of 35
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@bmd0224 wrote:

@afbar1114 wrote:

I just got the CSP as well as united both $5k limits

afbar, why CSP and United? Unless you travel United frequently, and bring lots of luggage, I don't see the point of having both. 

Message 18 of 35
kwinks
Regular Contributor

@Imua wrote:

@kwinks wrote:

i have no trouble paying BofA online
just curious - does your computer have a particular problem/issue with the BofA website?

i agree that chase has great customer service Smiley Happy

no my account just won't let me do it. I have tried on my phone/tablet/computer and it won't let me. Called customer service and they keep saying that they fixed the problem but I still can't do it, even after being with them for a year. But now that I got the csp and amex bcp I am no longer planning to use bofa

Message 19 of 35
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Just got denied for chase freedom today with 718 fico 1% utl i dont know why i guess but some ppl do get approved

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.