Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Reply
Established Contributor
Posts: 720
Registered: ‎08-14-2008
0

Re: Chase cards…

[ Edited ]

I've been with Chase for going on 5 years now and have had very good customer service with them.  I use them for my main checking account, have a savings, my mortgage and 5 CCs.  The UR program is excellent and the CSP card gives Amex a run for their money.  It's hard nowadays to find a big bank that does a lot of good things right! Smiley Wink

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 17k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
0

Re: Chase cards…

I like the rewards of the CSP as well as the sign up bonus. The rate is good, but not great. Also the look of the CSP is cool and made out of metal

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
New Contributor
Posts: 66
Registered: ‎07-15-2012
0

Re: Chase cards…


afbar1114 wrote:
What is it about chase credit cards that people want them so bad? It seems the csp and freedom are the most wanted cards. Why is this?

Agreed about customer service being great! You can also switch around credit limits after having the card for a matter of a few months whereas other lenders make you wait 13 months if I'm not mistaken. Get the CSP, you can't go wrong! Plus no Foreign Transaction Fees.

01/11/13:
EQ Fico: 716 (from myfico)
TU Fico: 719 (from Walmart)
EX Fico: 719 (from myfico)

Chase Sapphire Pref. II AMEX Platinum II Amex PRG II Amex SPG II Citi AAdvantage II Barclays US Airways II Chase Freedom
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,179
Registered: ‎01-09-2012
0

Re: Chase cards…


bmd0224 wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:
What is it about chase credit cards that people want them so bad? It seems the csp and freedom are the most wanted cards. Why is this?

Agreed about customer service being great! You can also switch around credit limits after having the card for a matter of a few months whereas other lenders make you wait 13 months if I'm not mistaken. Get the CSP, you can't go wrong! Plus no Foreign Transaction Fees.


I just got the CSP as well as united both $5k limits


In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,279
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
0

Re: Chase cards…

Freedom has one of the better cashback programs, plus I bank with Chase. The second I click "submit" when making a payment, it is reflected in my bank account and avail cred.
Also, 0% for bts and prchses for 15 months ?!?! Can't go wrong!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Moderator Emerita
Posts: 27,204
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Chase cards…


Revelate wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:

kwinks wrote:

Also customer service is really great! I have never had one issue with them vs say Bank of America cash rewards which is a pain to pay every month because I can't do it online. 


I don't like boa any more their site is a pain in the *** I am getting rid of them as soon as I can....I am sticking with chase for every thing now


You may want / need a diversity of lenders in the future.  Trying incredibly hard not to get on my soapbox, but I'd point out you may be disavantaging yourself by this approach of kicking every institution you dislike in the slighest to the curb... you can't approach relationships like that and expect to get much of anywhere, perfect does not exist.

 

I can pretty much guaruntee Chase will annoy you at some point in the future as well.

 


Revelate makes an excellent point regarding diversity.  There was a post a few months ago regarding Chase closing all of the posters CL. From what I remember the poster also had business accounts (Ink and bank accounts) they were affected as well.  Later, they did return some CL but not at all or they were reduced.  

 

YMMV

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,179
Registered: ‎01-09-2012
0

Re: Chase cards…


09Lexie wrote:

Revelate wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:

kwinks wrote:

Also customer service is really great! I have never had one issue with them vs say Bank of America cash rewards which is a pain to pay every month because I can't do it online. 


I don't like boa any more their site is a pain in the *** I am getting rid of them as soon as I can....I am sticking with chase for every thing now


You may want / need a diversity of lenders in the future.  Trying incredibly hard not to get on my soapbox, but I'd point out you may be disavantaging yourself by this approach of kicking every institution you dislike in the slighest to the curb... you can't approach relationships like that and expect to get much of anywhere, perfect does not exist.

 

I can pretty much guaruntee Chase will annoy you at some point in the future as well.

 


Revelate makes an excellent point regarding diversity.  There was a post a few months ago regarding Chase closing all of the posters CL. From what I remember the poster also had business accounts (Ink and bank accounts) they were affected as well.  Later, they did return some CL but not at all or they were reduced.  

 

YMMV


there has to be alot more to that story then what was told...he may not have been good with limits or payments or bank accounts..who knows


In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Established Contributor
Posts: 857
Registered: ‎10-25-2011
0

Re: Chase cards…


afbar1114 wrote:

bmd0224 wrote:

afbar1114 wrote:
What is it about chase credit cards that people want them so bad? It seems the csp and freedom are the most wanted cards. Why is this?

Agreed about customer service being great! You can also switch around credit limits after having the card for a matter of a few months whereas other lenders make you wait 13 months if I'm not mistaken. Get the CSP, you can't go wrong! Plus no Foreign Transaction Fees.


I just got the CSP as well as united both $5k limits


afbar, why CSP and United? Unless you travel United frequently, and bring lots of luggage, I don't see the point of having both. 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 105
Registered: ‎07-15-2012
0

Re: Chase cards…


Imua wrote:

kwinks wrote:

Also customer service is really great! I have never had one issue with them vs say Bank of America cash rewards which is a pain to pay every month because I can't do it online. 


i have no trouble paying BofA online
just curious - does your computer have a particular problem/issue with the BofA website?

 

i agree that chase has great customer service Smiley Happy


 

no my account just won't let me do it. I have tried on my phone/tablet/computer and it won't let me. Called customer service and they keep saying that they fixed the problem but I still can't do it, even after being with them for a year. But now that I got the csp and amex bcp I am no longer planning to use bofa

Chase Freedom 3000
Chase Sapphire Preferred 5000
American Express Blue Cash Preferred 6300
Bank of America Travel Rewards 5000
Bank of America Cash Rewards 3000
Discover IT 4000
Best Buy 4000
TU 733 EQ 743 EX 722
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 451
Registered: ‎10-02-2011
0

Re: Chase cards…

Just got denied for chase freedom today with 718 fico 1% utl i dont know why i guess but some ppl do get approved


COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.