Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase cards

Can anyone tell me about Chase cards?  do they report full CL?  and why are they so in demand? the apr and rewards seem to be the same as most others or are they easy to get and that's the reason.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase cards

Not sure about Chase.  They tend to approve at the highest interest rate so dont have one.  Been hearing weird things lately about rate jacking and the like (CLDs closing accounts in good standing when you open another)  Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't put that closed by credit grantor notaton on it. Maybe one day.  Right now I'm pretty well satisfied with my current cards.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a Chase Amazon card. They do report the full credit limit and they do give credit limit increases (unlike Target Visa), they gave me a $2k increase a few days ago. The rates are fair, I have 17.24% and Discover just gave me 16.99% (0% for 1 year), seems fair to me. They (Chase) told me I can ask for a rate decrease when I have my card for a full year since I got a promotional 0% interest for 6 months. Their online account access is awesome and updates automatically with Microsoft Money.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They're a good company. Not as generous as others in CLs but over time they keep upping it. Their interest rates keep going up, so you have to keep requesting for them to be lowered. They will work with you. I have had them for years. Just a solid good bank, similar from what I heard about Wells Fargo. Some of their new cards offer good stuff. Nothing really great to say, but nothing bad other than the rates go up, but if you call they lower them. They are prime however.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

javi84 wrote:
I have a Chase Amazon card. They do report the full credit limit and they do give credit limit increases (unlike Target Visa), they gave me a $2k increase a few days ago. The rates are fair, I have 17.24% and Discover just gave me 16.99% (0% for 1 year), seems fair to me. They (Chase) told me I can ask for a rate decrease when I have my card for a full year since I got a promotional 0% interest for 6 months. Their online account access is awesome and updates automatically with Microsoft Money.

I have the same card for over a year now , I saw how high my rate was compared to freedom and even the Overstock card , wish is basically the same card rebranded for overstock, were 14.24 I don't care about rate as I PIF, but just as a test to see how much the value my business I called to see if I could get my rate lower to 14.24, not only did they lower it. The rep then asked if I was willing to make 4 charges in the 30 days, they would send me a $10 gift cert, I can't help think I get brownie points for being enrolled in chase autopay, THEY take my statement balance out of my bank on the 26th or 25th each month

I've gone over my terms and haven't found an arbitration clause, so if you ever have a problem with them you can sue them

Message Edited by rbbyrbsn on 08-23-2007 08:47 AM
Message 5 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

My onlu complaint so far is that their website does not tell me exactly what the pending authorizations are - you have to call and ask (and as three people use the card, and as it is used to guarantee hotel rooms, this can happen)
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had Chase United Frequent Flyer (or whatever it was called) and converted to Chase Freedom.  I just found out that they didn't report my CL to TU so I'll be calling them soon to get that fixed.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me, 16% is a little more than I would want to pay if I neded to carry a balance as I recently have due to several factors.  I think I'll stick to what I have until I gt on their pre approved list of those super interest rates.  Even cap One has an 8.9 percenter.
Message 8 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Brammy wrote:
For me, 16% is a little more than I would want to pay if I neded to carry a balance as I recently have due to several factors.  I think I'll stick to what I have until I gt on their pre approved list of those super interest rates.  Even cap One has an 8.9 percenter.

Sorry - I should have added that I almost never carry a balance, so I do not worry too much about intere4st rate.  But I will be discussing both a CLI and APR reduction when the card is 14 months old.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 9 of 12
SpecFile
Valued Contributor

Why 14 months Midnight?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.