Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase changing terms on a closed card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase changing terms on a closed card?

What is wrong with these people? They close my Chase (former Wamu) account on the 22nd of July and now they are changing my terms to a higher interest rate and whatever else. I don't know I guess I will have to opt out, what are they going to do close my card? Lol, idiots.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase changing terms on a closed card?

yeah - idiots is a good descriptor, lol...
Message 2 of 11
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Just be happy you caught it and opt out.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still upset over the fact I can still log in and my card appears to be active, and I still have available credit, I don't care that I wasn't informed that my card was going to be canceled, but it would be nice that after it was canceled they would tell me in some way other than having my card declined or receiving a letter 10 days after the fact (the letter was actually sent 7 days after my account was closed, according to the letter itself).

They are a rude and offensive company that sends me a new terms of service agreement that tries to squeeze a couple extra bucks out of me after they canceled me. These people are beyond idiots.

Message 4 of 11
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Why not address a complaint to the agency with oversight, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency:

http://www.occ.treas.gov/

and forward a copy to the Attorney General of your state?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think they have done anything illegal, of course I don't know that, lol. They just treat people really badly, and it bugs me, although they do appear to be holding my cash back rewards hostage Smiley Mad
Message 6 of 11
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't think they have done anything illegal, of course I don't know that, lol. They just treat people really badly, and it bugs me, although they do appear to be holding my cash back rewards hostage Smiley Mad
They aren't held hostage. If your account is closed they are gone!
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are from the previous month and always post a month late, I was told that I would receive them when I called after my card was declined and confirmed it was closed. Hmm I will have to call them tomorrow.
Message 8 of 11
Karatz
Frequent Contributor

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Just be happy you caught it and opt out.

It's called opt out in advance. Smiley Happy
TransUnion/Equifax
746/754
Date: 9/24/2009/10/02/2009
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm,  they won't give me my cash back rewards that I got when I made purchases in June (They closed my account July 22nd), how can they take rewards from purchases more than a month before the accoutn was closed?

I have gone from disliking them to hating them, they are total slimeballs.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.