tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo

@mmduluth wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

I think I recall seeing earlier today that Chase does a HP for a checking acct?? Is that right?

I opened mine last year and they didn't but they did do a SP. 

I think I might open one online. We'll see if they have an issue with my freezes.

Do you have a chase card already? If not, opening the account and even keeping a little bit in there for the bonuses you will get when you come out of the garden in the future would be worth it. 

I don't have any chase products at all. I'm so looking forward to the slate or freedom!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 11 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I took a look at their website and the checking account page asks for zip code before it will let you continue. No Chase branches in my area and when I typed in my zip code it says no offers available Smiley Sad

Message 12 of 44
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I took a look at their website and the checking account page asks for zip code before it will let you continue. No Chase branches in my area and when I typed in my zip code it says no offers available Smiley Sad

Things like that bother me. You would think these days that they wouldn't care if there was a branch near you. Half of us here are members of CU's that are thousands of miles away from where we live. Litterally everything can be handeled over the phone or internet. Especially with Chase. Their mobile app and website are the most advanced and user friendly I've seen.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 13 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mmduluth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Things like that bother me. You would think these days that they wouldn't care if there was a branch near you. Half of us here are members of CU's that are thousands of miles away from where we live. Litterally everything can be handeled over the phone or internet. Especially with Chase. Their mobile app and website are the most advanced and user friendly I've seen.

+1. I've moved around a bit in the past few years and currently live in TN. The big banks HQ in the north are virtually nonexistent down here. There are a lot of regional/community banks though. All my money is in the south and all of my credit is in the north!

Message 14 of 44
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Same here not available in my area Smiley Mad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 15 of 44
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mmduluth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1. I've moved around a bit in the past few years and currently live in TN. The big banks HQ in the north are virtually nonexistent down here. There are a lot of regional/community banks though. All my money is in the south and all of my credit is in the north!

Lol we're neighbors! I live in GA and in the exact same situation. I bank with Chase and my savings is at Alliant wich I believe is in Chicago.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 16 of 44
FrugalRican
Blogger

Hmmm, I have the Chase Checking and the Chase Freedom...

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 17 of 44
TM82
Regular Contributor

I have that combo and only use that exclusively. I put a sticker on my wifes Freedom and Sapphire preferred instructing her to use what and when. Here's what I do Freedom -5% categories -Any purchases under $10 -Any disposable purchases (gas, groceries, etc) Sapphire Preferred -All travel -All dining over $10 -Any electronics or something where a little extra protection would help. -All Ultimate Rewards mall purchases.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 18 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TM82 wrote:
I have that combo and only use that exclusively. I put a sticker on my wifes Freedom and Sapphire preferred instructing her to use what and when. Here's what I do Freedom -5% categories -Any purchases under $10 -Any disposable purchases (gas, groceries, etc) Sapphire Preferred -All travel -All dining over $10 -Any electronics or something where a little extra protection would help. -All Ultimate Rewards mall purchases.

Nice! I used to think the Zync + full MR charge card combo was a slick way to multiply points but Chase has this beat by a mile. And how shrewd of you to pick up on this early on, I just discovered it today!

Message 19 of 44
shane82388
Established Contributor

i was just noticing this about my new chase freedom card. I have a chase checking account and have for years...pretty cool how you get extra points, etc for having one of their credit cards. They dont even advertise it....I jsut happend to look at "card benefits" or something on chase.com

Message 20 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.