cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo

Established Contributor

Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo

So I was perusing some travel blogs and stumbled on this gem: http://thepointsguy.com/2011/07/huge-earning-potential-with-chase-freedom-sapphire-preferred-and-che...

 

Anyone have Chase checking, Freedom, and Sapphire Preferred? The rewards combo is unlike anything I have ever seen.

 

Freedom - 5 UR points in bonus categories

Sapphire - 2 UR points in bonus categories + 7% bonus + upgraded UR account (1:1 transfers to United/Continental, Southwest, BA, Hyatt, PC, Marriott, Amtrak)

Chase checking - 10% bonus + 10 points/transaction

 

If you have both cards, Freedom UR points become full UR points transferrable to airline/hotel partners. Not to mention the UR mall where you can earn 5-10 points/dollar at online retailers.

 

With as little as $4K something in spending you can amass 25K FF miles good for a roundtrip domestic ticket. What a deal!

Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo

I wish I would have gotten the Sapphire Preferred. I didn't because I didn't want a card with an AF, but the first year is free so that was my mistake. Maybe after I've had the card for 13 months I'll just go ahead and upgrade because I earn so many points with Chase Freedom/checking acct as it is, I would earn TONS of points. The freedom is my primary card btw and those bonus points for having the checking account with them make a huge difference.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 2 of 44
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo


dyv8914 wrote:

So I was perusing some travel blogs and stumbled on this gem: http://thepointsguy.com/2011/07/huge-earning-potential-with-chase-freedom-sapphire-preferred-and-che...

 

Anyone have Chase checking, Freedom, and Sapphire Preferred? The rewards combo is unlike anything I have ever seen.

 

Freedom - 5 UR points in bonus categories

Sapphire - 2 UR points in bonus categories + 7% bonus + upgraded UR account (1:1 transfers to United/Continental, Southwest, BA, Hyatt, PC, Marriott, Amtrak)

Chase checking - 10% bonus + 10 points/transaction

 

If you have both cards, Freedom UR points become full UR points transferrable to airline/hotel partners. Not to mention the UR mall where you can earn 5-10 points/dollar at online retailers.

 

With as little as $4K something in spending you can amass 25K FF miles good for a roundtrip domestic ticket. What a deal!


That is a very nice deal! I'm not even aware of any Chase banks in my area.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 44
Established Contributor

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo

Me neither. I'm in TN and there are no Chase branches here. Smiley Sad

Message 4 of 44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo

That is a terribly sweet deal... 

Wallet: Fidelity Investment Rewards | BOA Travel Rewards | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Discover More
Message 5 of 44
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo

I think I recall seeing earlier today that Chase does a HP for a checking acct?? Is that right?




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 44
Valued Member

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo

In case anyone didn't know, the 10% bonus on your points from Chase checking ==> 5.1% CB during the 5% quarters, not 5.5%.

Message 7 of 44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo


LS2982 wrote:

I think I recall seeing earlier today that Chase does a HP for a checking acct?? Is that right?


I opened mine last year and they didn't but they did do a SP. 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 8 of 44
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo


mmduluth wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

I think I recall seeing earlier today that Chase does a HP for a checking acct?? Is that right?


I opened mine last year and they didn't but they did do a SP. 


I think I might open one online. We'll see if they have an issue with my freezes.




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 44
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo


LS2982 wrote:

mmduluth wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

I think I recall seeing earlier today that Chase does a HP for a checking acct?? Is that right?


I opened mine last year and they didn't but they did do a SP. 


I think I might open one online. We'll see if they have an issue with my freezes.


Do you have a chase card already? If not, opening the account and even keeping a little bit in there for the bonuses you will get when you come out of the garden in the future would be worth it. 

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 10 of 44