Reply
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo


mmduluth wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

mmduluth wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

I think I recall seeing earlier today that Chase does a HP for a checking acct?? Is that right?


I opened mine last year and they didn't but they did do a SP. 


I think I might open one online. We'll see if they have an issue with my freezes.


Do you have a chase card already? If not, opening the account and even keeping a little bit in there for the bonuses you will get when you come out of the garden in the future would be worth it. 


I don't have any chase products at all. I'm so looking forward to the slate or freedom!!




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Established Contributor
dyv8914
Posts: 825
Registered: ‎12-28-2011
0

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo

I took a look at their website and the checking account page asks for zip code before it will let you continue. No Chase branches in my area and when I typed in my zip code it says no offers available :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
mmduluth
Posts: 320
Registered: ‎05-17-2011
0

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo


dyv8914 wrote:

I took a look at their website and the checking account page asks for zip code before it will let you continue. No Chase branches in my area and when I typed in my zip code it says no offers available :smileysad:


Things like that bother me. You would think these days that they wouldn't care if there was a branch near you. Half of us here are members of CU's that are thousands of miles away from where we live. Litterally everything can be handeled over the phone or internet. Especially with Chase. Their mobile app and website are the most advanced and user friendly I've seen.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Established Contributor
dyv8914
Posts: 825
Registered: ‎12-28-2011
0

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo


mmduluth wrote:

dyv8914 wrote:

I took a look at their website and the checking account page asks for zip code before it will let you continue. No Chase branches in my area and when I typed in my zip code it says no offers available :smileysad:


Things like that bother me. You would think these days that they wouldn't care if there was a branch near you. Half of us here are members of CU's that are thousands of miles away from where we live. Litterally everything can be handeled over the phone or internet. Especially with Chase. Their mobile app and website are the most advanced and user friendly I've seen.


+1. I've moved around a bit in the past few years and currently live in TN. The big banks HQ in the north are virtually nonexistent down here. There are a lot of regional/community banks though. All my money is in the south and all of my credit is in the north!

Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo


dyv8914 wrote:

I took a look at their website and the checking account page asks for zip code before it will let you continue. No Chase branches in my area and when I typed in my zip code it says no offers available :smileysad:


Same here not available in my area :smileymad:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
mmduluth
Posts: 320
Registered: ‎05-17-2011
0

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo


dyv8914 wrote:

mmduluth wrote:

dyv8914 wrote:

I took a look at their website and the checking account page asks for zip code before it will let you continue. No Chase branches in my area and when I typed in my zip code it says no offers available :smileysad:


Things like that bother me. You would think these days that they wouldn't care if there was a branch near you. Half of us here are members of CU's that are thousands of miles away from where we live. Litterally everything can be handeled over the phone or internet. Especially with Chase. Their mobile app and website are the most advanced and user friendly I've seen.


+1. I've moved around a bit in the past few years and currently live in TN. The big banks HQ in the north are virtually nonexistent down here. There are a lot of regional/community banks though. All my money is in the south and all of my credit is in the north!


Lol we're neighbors! I live in GA and in the exact same situation. I bank with Chase and my savings is at Alliant wich I believe is in Chicago.

EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Blogger
FrugalRican
Posts: 2,876
Registered: ‎02-02-2012
0

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo

Hmmm, I have the Chase Checking and the Chase Freedom...

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com


EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Regular Contributor
TM82
Posts: 198
Registered: ‎05-31-2011
0

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo

I have that combo and only use that exclusively. I put a sticker on my wifes Freedom and Sapphire preferred instructing her to use what and when. Here's what I do Freedom -5% categories -Any purchases under $10 -Any disposable purchases (gas, groceries, etc) Sapphire Preferred -All travel -All dining over $10 -Any electronics or something where a little extra protection would help. -All Ultimate Rewards mall purchases.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Established Contributor
dyv8914
Posts: 825
Registered: ‎12-28-2011
0

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo


TM82 wrote:
I have that combo and only use that exclusively. I put a sticker on my wifes Freedom and Sapphire preferred instructing her to use what and when. Here's what I do Freedom -5% categories -Any purchases under $10 -Any disposable purchases (gas, groceries, etc) Sapphire Preferred -All travel -All dining over $10 -Any electronics or something where a little extra protection would help. -All Ultimate Rewards mall purchases.

Nice! I used to think the Zync + full MR charge card combo was a slick way to multiply points but Chase has this beat by a mile. And how shrewd of you to pick up on this early on, I just discovered it today!

Established Contributor
shane82388
Posts: 979
Registered: ‎07-16-2010
0

Re: Chase checking/Freedom/Sapphire Preferred combo

i was just noticing this about my new chase freedom card. I have a chase checking account and have for years...pretty cool how you get extra points, etc for having one of their credit cards. They dont even advertise it....I jsut happend to look at "card benefits" or something on chase.com

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}