Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase checking

tag
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Chase checking

Has anyone been successful with signing up for Chase checking accounts outside of their coverage area?  I want to get that 10% bonus that they offer with the Freedom.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase checking

Didn't they stop new enrollment for the 10+10% bonus?

Message 2 of 10
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

Yes. They do a 10% annual bonus now.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FutureBillionaire wrote:

Yes. They do a 10% annual bonus now.

Gotcha. I've read that you can go to your nearest branch (even in another state) and set up an account that way. I thought about doing it but it seemed a huge inconvenience not to have a physical branch nearby with a checking account.

Message 4 of 10
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

On their website, they will ask for your zip code when you click on any of the checking/savings account products.  If it accepts your zip code, it is my understanding you can open these kinds of accounts online.  My zip code is ineligible for checking/savings products.  I've been told I have to go into a branch to open an account but the problem is that the closest branch is more than 2 hours away.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 5 of 10
Creditseeker93
Valued Member

So is it possible to open up an account if you go to a branch but the state that you live in doesn't have any branches?
***AMEX PLATINUM NPSL *******AMEX BCP 23,100***** CITI DOUBLE CASHBACK $5,900 *****Chase Sapphire Preferred $10,000 **** Chase Freedom $8,000 *****Sears Mastercard Platinum $5,000 **** Macy's Star Rewards $1,000 ***** American Express BCE $24,900 (AU) **** *****Discover IT $8,500 (AU)*****
Message 6 of 10
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

Chase is easily the most convenient bank I've dealt with. I have a checking and savings account with them as well as two of their credit cards (a personal and a business). With the chase checking account you can make online deposits with your mobile phone by taking a picture of a check with your phone and depositing it to your account online. All you have to do is download the Chase app to your Android or Iphone. The funds are usually cleared within a day. I also love their website. I think think they have the best online user interface of any financial instituation that I currently deal with.

Message 7 of 10
NewYorkGuy
Established Member

@Creditseeker93 wrote:
So is it possible to open up an account if you go to a branch but the state that you live in doesn't have any branches?

All you have to do is open the account once. Even if your state doesn't have a branch it's not a big deal as most banking is done online nowadays. I think it would be worth the investment to travel to another state to open the Chase checking account. You only have to do this once and you have full online access wherever you go plus the added benefits. 

Message 8 of 10
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@Creditseeker93 wrote:

Yes

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 9 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Be aware there is a maximum amount allowed for phone app deposits. I just tried one for a little over $4,500 and was denied, I had to take to my local branch. Not bad for me as there are three branches where I live but if you are hours or states away have a backup plan. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.