cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase closed ALL my credit card accounts and my GFs...

tag
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase closed ALL my credit card accounts and my GFs...

Op I hope you and your GF are able to get this all sorted out Smiley Happy

~all the best

Message 91 of 247
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

@Membersince2013 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Membersince2013 wrote:

Also, i failed to add that i paid for my Freedom account with the wrong chasing account so i payment was reserved and i quickly fixed it by paying with the correct account. I then stupidly did the same exact thing with my GFs Sapphire account. Payment was also reserved and i quickly fixed it by paying with the correct account. I thought it wouldn't be a big deal because they're getting their money anyway, but i was WRONG. I'm pretty sure the missed payments contributed to the account closures. I hope they'll reopen ours  accounts and i plan on calling back in about a week or 2 after my report gets better to plead my case.

This could be a red flag too, you should appeal your case.

Not so clear why your GF was impacted, just because of the "bad" payment or did she also have many inquiries?   This is more normal if you had transferred URs to her account, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

She was told that it's because the authorized user on her accounts spends more than her and she also her many inquiries (thanks to me). I'm an authorized user on her Hyatt, Marriott and Sapphire Pref account.

I'd be one angry GF. Smiley Mad I'm way too OCD to put anyone else in charge of my credit/finances. Well, maybe a husband if I had one. LOL

Hopefully you both can get this all sorted out. It sounds like the person you spoke to may be more inclined to help you and that's good. Once it's all done, take your GF out for a really nice dinner with your reactivated credit cards. Smiley Wink

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 92 of 247
lord_kinbote
Established Contributor

I can understand why there was AA on OP's account, but I am not sure if I following why the GF also received AA.  From what I read, there was a problem with a payment on GF's account, but I do not see Chase closing her account for a late payment.  In regards to AU stuff, I do not see why Chase would care what any AU was doing on the account and what their past relatonship was.  Chase should only care about the primary card holder and not the AU.  What am I missing.

Message 93 of 247
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@akula wrote:

I can understand why there was AA on OP's account, but I am not sure if I following why the GF also received AA.  From what I read, there was a problem with a payment on GF's account, but I do not see Chase closing her account for a late payment.  In regards to AU stuff, I do not see why Chase would care what any AU was doing on the account and what their past relatonship was.  Chase should only care about the primary card holder and not the AU.  What am I missing.

I agree, still trying to figure out why GF account was closed as well...  I highly doubt they would do that as you guys were just AU's on each others account, this is what doesn't make sense to me why they would look at her account as well...  That is just weird.

Message 94 of 247
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@akula wrote:

My dad was an AU on my citi card and when Citi shut down that account, his responsibility on my account was also terminated. I think that's normal for lenders.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 95 of 247
Anonymous
Not applicable

I might be coming off as mean but I honestly do not think we are getting close to the full story. I cannot comprehend why they would close your GFs account AU or not.

I think some substantial information is missing with regards to account activity between the two accounts that could have raised red flags.
Message 96 of 247
MaisCher
Frequent Contributor

OP said that Chase told them that he (AU) was more active than her. For me, that would make me think that the card was more his than hers. If he already has several accounts maybe they feel she got the cards for him but in her name.

Not sure if any rules govern AUs but I'd imagine if the bank issued her a card based on her credit they wanna feel like it's actually HER card. Just a guess.

Current Score: EQ 699 TU 719 EX ? as of April-2016

Message 97 of 247
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I ask what MS is?

It's a software company that makes things like Windows and Office.

Message 98 of 247
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I ask what MS is?

In older days, when Microsoft was THE giant faceless company, the type of people who think "Crap One"/"Crapital One" is funny would use M$ as the abbreviation.

Message 99 of 247
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I ask what MS is?

LOL.... it means Manufactured Spending.  It's a way to generate rewards on cards in a way that is not intended.  Discussion on the matter is not allowed on the boards.  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 100 of 247
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.