cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase closed ALL my credit card accounts and my GFs...

tag
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase closed ALL my credit card accounts and my GFs...

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase did the same darn thing to me 7 years ago and I turned my back on them completely and hate them to this day. I hope their bank falls down in a heap of rubble never to survive again. 

*im not dramatic at all* Smiley Wink

So many choose to ignore the possibility that it can't or won't happen to them but Chase can and will close your account and you will have little chance of regaining your limits and access. I'm not sure why Chase seems to get a free pass, while others seem to jump on the opportunity to rant on Capital One which isn't perfect but I doubt they are any worse.

Rule of thumb 'diversify', limit your exposure from any creditor, keep your options open because they deserve your business not the other way around, so many products are so competitive and so similar sometimes it really is just splitting hairs.

Message 61 of 247
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Can I ask what MS is?

You can certainly ask someone in a PM but not in the public forums.

Message 62 of 247
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh!  That bad huh?

Message 63 of 247
baller4life
Super Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Alright lets stay on topic here, talk of MS is not allowed on My Fico, thanks!

Neither is discussion about manipulating access to credit reports.

If you'll notice several posts were edited.

THIS I totally don't understand. I know the rules of this forum. I don't get why you edited my post simply because I stated that my EQ and EX were frozen when I went to the Toyota dealership. First of all, I didn't freeze them because I had derogs on my report and was trying to "manipulate" access to EQ and EX so TU would be pulled. THAT as I understand it is a violation of this forum. I simply did my research and KNEW that TFS(who I wanted my financing thru) pulled TU only. So, I thawed it before going to dealership. You feel it's ok for the dealer to shotgun all of my reports just to try to make more money on me when I explicitly explain to them who I want to finance my vehicle? Well I don't!!! So, I guess we will have to just agree to disagree on this one. 

Message 64 of 247
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Alright lets stay on topic here, talk of MS is not allowed on My Fico, thanks!

Neither is discussion about manipulating access to credit reports.

If you'll notice several posts were edited.

THIS I totally don't understand. I know the rules of this forum. I don't get why you edited my post simply because I stated that my EQ and EX were frozen when I went to the Toyota dealership. First of all, I didn't freeze them because I had derogs on my report and was trying to "manipulate" access to EQ and EX so TU would be pulled. THAT as I understand it is a violation of this forum. I simply did my research and KNEW that TFS(who I wanted my financing thru) pulled TU only. So, I thawed it before going to dealership. You feel it's ok for the dealer to shotgun all of my reports just to try to make more money on me when I explicitly explain to them who I want to finance my vehicle? Well I don't!!! So, I guess we will have to just agree to disagree on this one. 

Unfortunately, any discussion of freezing reports in regards to credit apps, is forbidden.  Even more than the other topic edited.  Everyone may have their reasons, but we can't discuss it here.  Just a heads up, and please (you know I like your posts Smiley Wink), don't get mad when they edit.

Signature needs updating
Message 65 of 247
baller4life
Super Contributor

Anyone that reads my posts knows that my reports are ALWAYS frozen. I didn't just freeze them to obtain auto credit. I simply thawed the one that the lender uses. Many do it here ALL the time and are never reprimanded for it. But, it's all good. You mods and community leaders just aren't consistent. You two are the only ones that EVER had a problem with a post I made about my reports being frozen and I have seen many mods and community leaders come and go. But I got you. Lesson learned and duly noted. Smiley Wink

Message 66 of 247
taxi818
Super Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

Anyone that reads my post knows that my reports are ALWAYS frozen. I didn't just freeze them to obtain auto credit. I simply thawed the one that the lender uses. Many do it here ALL the time and are never reprimanded for it. But, it's all good. You mods and community leaders just aren't consistent. You two are the only ones that EVER had a problem with a post I made about my reports being frozen and I have seen many mods and community leaders come and go. But I got you. Lesson learned and duly noted. Smiley Wink

+1 agreed. We understand why they don't like it. But it is what it is. At least be consistent.  I just got my home depot. I did not  thaw.  But I had no agenda either. Anyway understood from the mod. No more talk of it. 

Smiley Very Happy mums the word. Lol. 

Message 67 of 247
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IF. Ill get mad and I won't like it! Smiley Tongue

+1 to everything baller said. Not advocating others do it but my personal viewpoint clashes on that respect.

Message 68 of 247
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Oh come on! Stop arguing about frozen reports.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 69 of 247
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who's arguing? It would only get C*
Message 70 of 247
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.