Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase closed most of my credit cards

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase closed most of my credit cards

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I will refrain from any sarcasm or witty remarks, but I truly am sorry.

If it's worth anything, the "closed by credit grantor" that I got from Citi on my reconned CDP acct didn't affect any approvals, clis, or cause any aa (other than maybe GECRB ID verification)...
These banks are still very proactive in managing their risks and exposure. It's a little sad imo...
I really like Basel 3 Capital Rules, but in all honesty, new regulation, including higher required capital tiers is likely an indirect factor in similar closures.
I truly am sorry and hope that they EO can help you. They seem to be able to help in many cases!!!!!
Good luck enharu!
Also, at the end of the day, you've got your income. We all really don't need credit....
I say that as Im laying in bed in Miami that Marriot points paid for LOL

Good luck bro!

His accounts were reopened. EO came through for him big time. 

Message 161 of 166
enharu
Super Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:

If it's worth anything, the "closed by credit grantor" that I got from Citi on my reconned CDP acct didn't affect any approvals, clis, or cause any aa (other than maybe GECRB ID verification)...
These banks are still very proactive in managing their risks and exposure. It's a little sad imo...
I really like Basel 3 Capital Rules, but in all honesty, new regulation, including higher required capital tiers is likely an indirect factor in similar closures.
I truly am sorry and hope that they EO can help you. They seem to be able to help in many cases!!!!!
Good luck enharu!
Also, at the end of the day, you've got your income. We all really don't need credit....

Good luck bro!

Yeap haha. Eventually the decision seemed to be dependent upon the people in the lending department, but the lady at EO was able to help me straighten things up with an executive from that department. So that was a lifesaver.

I just received the physical mails dated 2 weeks ago about the account closures. At the bottom of the letter it said I have 3 months to redeem my UR. So I am guessing Chase changed their policy as well or maybe it's because my account is closed for reasons other than rewards abuse.

@scenery_guy wrote:

Oh man I pondered this and finally decided the offer was too good to pass up. I was going to call and close 2 of the 3 cards and then apply the next day but I just applied outright figuring if I got the pending message I could offer up a card or two in order to get approved. No need, just applied and was instantly approved. Will verify the terms of the bonus offer when I call to activate it just to be sure I will receive it. I think I will close at least one of the cards in question next week once I receive this card. 

Looks like they did pull EX, just checked them thru the old report number trick. I am sure Amex will see it soon. I'm not in a bad spot, they just won't increase the line on my personal Delta card citing too much credit with Amex and other lenders. If they get uptight I am fine with a FR, in fact it would do me good. But they see plenty of business spend that I could easily take to Chase and Citi  not to mention US Bank. 

Grats! How much CL did you get approve for?

My 1st statement just cut and I received the $200 statement credit. Haven't received the 100k miles yet since I'm still a little short of 10k spend on the card.

The Amex and Chase SPs hit my report on the same day as the new account reported, though EX seems to have a slight delay and only reflected the SP the next day. For the most part you should be fine. If they were going to take any AA against you, you would have known by now. Generally they seem to be really quick about these things, and since a couple days has passed and nothing has happened, then you are most likely fine.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 162 of 166
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 163 of 166
studiogeek
Valued Member

Enharu,

Congrats on getting this mess straightened out!

I must say, you have obviously done REALLY well financially. You managed to do so without the same sense of entitlement many who do really well wind up with. Kudos for your level head, patience, class and willingness to share and advise. 

You appear to be an awesome dude and deserve all the good that comes to you!

Bravo man....

And Thank You!

SG

Aug 2012 TU/EQ/EX 500's (zero positive credit, one 6 year old CO for $1100) Rebuild->Cap 1 secured $200->TU 610 EQ/EX 640, Shell $500 (cli) $750, Macy's $500, Bloomie's $500 ->(cli $1.2K), Victorias' Secret $750->(cli 1K) (level 2 moves) NFCU Visa Signature $15K/$20K, USAA $4K, Amex Blue $9K/$37K, Amex Costco $10.5K Penfed Visa $2.5K, OCCU Beaver $20K, Amex SP Gold(no limit), Chase PRG 26K ~ MyFico TU775 EQ789 EX766 / $0-$200,000 CL in just 18 months.
Message 164 of 166
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

but I do recall someone else getting swiped for almost $95k or something last year but left the $300k palladium but he quickly made a phone call into Bank of America and they upped him to like $40k in a single call on 1 card and promised to work with him a lot more in the near future if he started moving cash from chase too... so this doesn't seem to be uncommon which I really don't understand.... I would think the fact you have a palladium would make them step away from all your accounts until they looked a little deeper beyond some credit pulls!!

That was me, I went the to the EO and the military people to no avail, then a phone call to a CSP rep and a transfer to a Sr. Analist later everything was restored. I have paid chase down to about to 0 and use one card now. They cost themselves about 15k a month in usage. BOA upped our limit and I havent heard a word from them. After emptying our bank accounts with chase and closing our business accounts we started getting calls wanting to know **bleep**.... 

I dont understand your situtation though, they left our PD and jp select cards alone because they were JP morgan underwritten but in your case. RITZ card should be too... they cut our limits on freedom, ink plus, and CSP but left the JPM cards alone

edit: I saw everything was reopened. Good going

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 165 of 166
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:

Good luck enharu!

Good luck bro!

Yeap haha. Eventually the decision seemed to be dependent upon the people in the lending department, but the lady at EO was able to help me straighten things up with an executive from that department. So that was a lifesaver.

I just received the physical mails dated 2 weeks ago about the account closures. At the bottom of the letter it said I have 3 months to redeem my UR. So I am guessing Chase changed their policy as well or maybe it's because my account is closed for reasons other than rewards abuse.

@scenery_guy wrote:

Oh man I pondered this and finally decided the offer was too good to pass up. I was going to call and close 2 of the 3 cards and then apply the next day but I just applied outright figuring if I got the pending message I could offer up a card or two in order to get approved. No need, just applied and was instantly approved. Will verify the terms of the bonus offer when I call to activate it just to be sure I will receive it. I think I will close at least one of the cards in question next week once I receive this card. 

Looks like they did pull EX, just checked them thru the old report number trick. I am sure Amex will see it soon. I'm not in a bad spot, they just won't increase the line on my personal Delta card citing too much credit with Amex and other lenders. If they get uptight I am fine with a FR, in fact it would do me good. But they see plenty of business spend that I could easily take to Chase and Citi  not to mention US Bank. 

Grats! How much CL did you get approve for?

My 1st statement just cut and I received the $200 statement credit. Haven't received the 100k miles yet since I'm still a little short of 10k spend on the card.

The Amex and Chase SPs hit my report on the same day as the new account reported, though EX seems to have a slight delay and only reflected the SP the next day. For the most part you should be fine. If they were going to take any AA against you, you would have known by now. Generally they seem to be really quick about these things, and since a couple days has passed and nothing has happened, then you are most likely fine.

$20K so that's plenty fine for this card. I will be spending the $10K making an advance payment for my personal taxes so I will cover the spend for miles in one shot as soon as the card arrives. 

I saw the HP on EX checking my "old report" the night I applied. I just now got the message from myFico that an INQ appeared and my score did drop the typical 5 points, and it appears there is a couple days lag here. I might have over stressed on Amex, I doubt there is any issues with me and them. I am on course for my second year of $200K spend across several Amex cards and always have been PIF on or before statement. They did decline me a CLI on a Delta card and cited my income vs. credit extended with them and other banks but then suggested I move some credit from my Hilton card to the Delta card based on not a lot of usage on the Hilton card. Gotta wait for the 13th billing cycle for that card and that's in a couple weeks so I will know soon if they are still cool. 

My tax liability is greater than $10K (way greater actually) so I am thinking about having the DW apply for the same AA 100K card tonight and using that to make another advance tax payment of $10K. With the statement credits and the 100K miles I am fine with paying $250 in AF on each card just for the mile bonuses. 

By the way did you get the statement credit? 

Message 166 of 166
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.