Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase closed my account but reopened it today

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase closed my account but reopened it today

Hi Cobaltnv,

Your points well taken. Guess I'm one of those infrequent ppl and didn't mean to offend anyone. I'm glad things seem in good shape for you! Continued success! Now all this has made me hungry for lunch! I might use cash though today. Smiley Happy Have a good one!
Message 21 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

At the start of this year I had 2 CC's with annual fees. One AF was permanently rescinded plus I got a 6.99%F promo rate for purchases (6 or 9 months - I don't remember which) - all for having made a brief phone call to HSBC. The other is my Providian -> WaMu -> Chase account with a $59 AF. This may be my oldest account - if not it is close. That AF was refunded after the front line CSR told me a had a snowball's chance of having it happen. (That makes two years running.)

Seriously - if it doesn't have an AF I'm not closing it. Rather than protecting you from AA closing CC's leaves you utterly defenseless against the AA evil doers when they strike. FYI: It has been noted by many that one of the enumerated reasons offered by Chase in explanation of account closures is too few open TL's of sufficient length. My crummy Providian -> WaMu -> Chase CC with the $3.9K has not been touched by Chase other than to refund the AF. As much as I think they are loathsome there is absolutely no reason to close it.

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

They closed mine for the second time!!! i recieved the same letter!!!! im like what is on my report?????? They have reopened it the first time they closed it!! Right now i need to keep paying my balance down on this card so i dont need it opened right now!i dont know whats going on????
Message 23 of 24
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
They closed mine for the second time!!! i recieved the same letter!!!! im like what is on my report?????? They have reopened it the first time they closed it!! Right now i need to keep paying my balance down on this card so i dont need it opened right now!i dont know whats going on????

I am confused. Didn't you just post something very positive about Chase in another thread?

@Anonymous wrote:
Chase most of the time always reopens or reinstates limits !!!! its crazy bc you have good credit good payment history on other cards and they do crap like this !!!! I quit trying to figure it out! and Just call in until i get a nice rep!!! but i did wait about 3months and my Balance was paid down a little! so as long as you show progress there willing to work with ya!!!! 
Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 08-11-2009 05:01 PM
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.