cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase closed my account

tag
Established Member

Re: Chase closed my account

funny how some cc companies are cancellinng because of too much debt.  yours was not enough debt...unreal.  i'd move on and apply somewhere else.
Message 11 of 64
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I guess I should consider myself lucky - first they raised my interest last month and this month cut my credit limit - Ijust paid them 6000 last month because I am trying to get my debt/credit ratio in better shape and now they deceased my 7500 limit down to 2200, said it was because high balances on other cards - not true - I don't carry a balance on the other cards, pay them every month and when I paid Chase down to a 200 balance they cut me down - why would I have paid them 6000 if I didn't plan on paying the account?
I would call and demand a credit analyst review of this. They might reverse it.
Message 12 of 64
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@dee wrote:
funny how some cc companies are cancellinng because of too much debt.  yours was not enough debt...unreal.  i'd move on and apply somewhere else.

Sick is more like it. If you fall under the microscope and they decide you are getting AA they will ship you a reason. Whether that reason is valid or not really doesn't make any difference. Sometimes you have to gleen the actual explanation from evidence other that the stated reason.

Message 13 of 64
Established Member

agreed..'what you said'...
Message 14 of 64
mattmil
New Contributor

I have a Chase CC that was a former Wamu CC -- they knocked my CL down to $1750 from $2000 out of the blue with no explanation. This is my best CC -- I have $0 balance on it now -- I pray they don't close it!
6/27/09 -- TU FICO = 560 EQ FICO = 498
7/10/09 -- TU FICO = 668 EQ FICO = 577
7/23/09 -- TU FICO = 668 EQ FICO = 630
Message 15 of 64
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@mattmil wrote:
I have a Chase CC that was a former Wamu CC -- they knocked my CL down to $1750 from $2000 out of the blue with no explanation. This is my best CC -- I have $0 balance on it now -- I pray they don't close it!

Was this done very recently? If so it was a love tap. Consider yourself very fortunate.
Message 16 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wasn't so lucky--I couldn't talk them into reopening it.  I owed $55 on $5000 limit and they closed my former WA MU account--I have a perfectly good chase amazon visa (amazon.com employee) and has 2 wa mu cards and my car loan thru chase.  I don't understand high utillization, and I have never missed a payment, and my balances are not high on this or any other cards.  I always pay $100-$200 a month more on my auto loan because I don't like to owe.  I feel like crashing it and totalling it just to screw them--I have never had an accident so I don't think it would hurt me that bad.  I am just livid--I said to them "are you just now making enough effin money off me?"
Message 17 of 64
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I wasn't so lucky--I couldn't talk them into reopening it.  I owed $55 on $5000 limit and they closed my former WA MU account--I have a perfectly good chase amazon visa (amazon.com employee) and has 2 wa mu cards and my car loan thru chase.  I don't understand high utillization, and I have never missed a payment, and my balances are not high on this or any other cards.  I always pay $100-$200 a month more on my auto loan because I don't like to owe.  I feel like crashing it and totalling it just to screw them--I have never had an accident so I don't think it would hurt me that bad.  I am just livid--I said to them "are you just now making enough effin money off me?"

Welcome to the forums!

I am very sorry for your difficulty.

Take a few deep breaths and try to relax. It's over now and there doesn't seem to be anything you can do about it. It is very unfortunate and heartless, but the best thing to do now is put it behind you and move on. You can and will recover. Just don't dwell on Chase right now. They are rotten to the core. Leave it at that.

Message 18 of 64
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear about your experience with Chase. For future reference best way to handle it would be to have your GF crash the GAP covered car in the first 30 days. LOL.

Message 19 of 64
ma_fico
Regular Contributor

They haven't touched my Chamu yet.

I think it's because they are fully aware that closing their piddly little 1.5k CL* wouldn't register even a teeny blip on my utilization scale.

I think Chase is borderline evil - and I'm only half-joking.  They seem to be targeting (mostly) customers upon whom they can wreak the most havoc and woe, and whose scores they can best decimate.

* not impugning those for whom $1.5k is significant - just saying that they are about 1/8 - 1/10 of most of my other CLs.

Message 20 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.