Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase closed my account

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase closed my account

@jamesewells wrote:
New member. They closed 2 of my Providian/Wamu cards on July 31. $2000 limit on one, $2500 limit on the other. Had the about 9 years, never late, usually paid in full. $0 balance on both. I received no letter. I found out it was closed when I tried to charge a washer/dryer on line this morning. Declined. Called and was told both were closed due to negative info from Experian. I always carry a balance on my Discover because I always pay it on full. I hate to lose the cards and don't think it is right (especially without the courtesy of a letter), but that's life.

Welcome to the forum! Very sorry about your account closures. You have lots of company.

Please let us know the reason contained in your letter when you receive it. Post it back in this thread if you can.

BTW - this is the first report of a closure occurring on 31JUL that I have seen. Other dates have be 07JUL, 14JUL and 21JUL.

Message 61 of 64
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question for those with closed accounts.  Many of you have stated your account was a previously held by Providian. Is anyone with a closure a new WaMu credit card holder?  For example, I applied and received my card in Nov 2008 and so far no adverse action (thank goodness).  I dont know when the buyout of WaMu was truly official and/or when Chase was officially included in the credit approvals under the WaMu name. Just trying to find the underlying common denominator. Too bad I was never good at math Smiley Happy
Message 62 of 64
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Question for those with closed accounts.  Many of you have stated your account was a previously held by Providian. Is anyone with a closure a new WaMu credit card holder?  For example, I applied and received my card in Nov 2008 and so far no adverse action (thank goodness).  I dont know when the buyout of WaMu was truly official and/or when Chase was officially included in the credit approvals under the WaMu name. Just trying to find the underlying common denominator. Too bad I was never good at math Smiley Happy

The current round of closures has effected cards that Chase inherited from WaMu without regard to whether WaMu or Providian originated the account. If you did not app through Chase (and you would know if you had) you have cause to be concerned.
Message Edited by creditwherecreditisdue on 08-03-2009 11:48 AM
Message 63 of 64
hopeful5
Regular Contributor

My Chase card (formally WAMU - opened in April 2008) was closed on July 28th, $2500 CL w/ $128 balance.  No lates, sometimes paid twice a month to report 0 balance
We did it...closed 1-28-10
Message 64 of 64
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.