cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase closed my former WaMu CC account after I paid it off! Is it bad for my score?

tag
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase closed my former WaMu CC account after I paid it off! Is it bad for my score?

@Anonymous wrote:
Is Chase becoming the most evil bank in America? I have had several friends with similar stories. I think the Federal Trade Commission, you Better business bureau and other agencies... should know about these closures and cancelations. THey reported a profit last month on the back of ordinary hard working Americans what a shame!

Welcome to the forums!

Millions of former WaMu accounts are in the process of being closed. Chances of your knowing someone touched by a closure is fairly high.

The correct agancy to address a complaint to is the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency:

http://www.occ.treas.gov/

with a copy sent to the Attorney General of your state. The Comptroller of the Currency has sole federal oversight power over banking entities.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.