Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase closing accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase closing accounts

This evening, I discovered that all my chase accounts had been closed. I have a debit card through them along with a freedom unlimited. Chase Amazon, and the Ritz Carlton. With those three accounts, I probably had about 35k in credit, so its a loss but I'm actually not upset at all. Only reason I'm posting here is to get answers. When I called they stated the reason was because the income on my applications did not match the income in my chase debit account. I attempted to explain I have two checking accounts. one through Chase and my main one is through a credit union. Has anybody experienced this with Chase? If I may add, I've never been late on any of my credit cards, had one of them for roughly five years. Always paid in full. The checking account I had with them always had at least $6,500 in there. Never let it drop below that. (Stated I have 24 hours to go to a local branch to get my funds or they can mail me a check.) I'm just surprised this occured. I know people are going to ask, and the answer is no. Nothing negative in my credit report changed. Although, clearly they seen something they don't like. Not having good luck with credit cards. Might just close the rest and use cash!Smiley Very Happy   Thank you for reading and I look forward to reading your comments.

-Allen

Message 1 of 117
116 REPLIES 116
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase closing accounts

Sorry to hear that, what was your stated income on the application(s)?

Message 2 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the oddest explaination I've ever heard. How exactly does a debit account measure one's income?

You could provide bank statements from the CU to them.

Maybe they felt you did MS or something else against their TOS and simply used the income as an excuse. Just a thought, not saying you did.
Message 3 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both for your comments. The income on my application was 56k, but I recently got a raise to 63k. Also, I've never done MS or anything other than use the card for purchases and pay it off at the end of the month. I offered to show bank statements from my CU and they refused. Was debating on calling later on but then again, this really doesn't phase me too much. 

Message 4 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience speaking to a local branch manager with your statements will likely help a recon. They usually have a special backend number and can assist to a certain degree. You need to make it personal so you're not just numbers on a screen you're a human being. You know?

Just a suggestion if you're able to tell a branch manager what happened they may agree with you and try to help.
Message 5 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed, of course. Although I'm pretty certain I'm just going to let this one go. I just wanted to share my experience and know if others has gone through the same. Thank you for your suggestion, I do appreciate it and if I happen to change my mind I'll definitely speak to a branch manager.
Message 6 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read dozens of threads on here every day yours is very unique. I've seen AA but never as an income discrepancy. Usually I see it when a collection/judgement pops up, or when closing and attempting to reallocate with Chase.
Message 7 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever I get the letter, I'll take a photograph and post it. Hopefully it specifically states the income because that's what I was told on the telephone.
Message 8 of 117
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I'm sorry to hear this Op, I have never heard of such nonsense, so you are saying not only did they close your credit cards but also your checking account too? What in the world is that about , I agree with Matt I would most definitely go to the branch and speak with someone , this is ridiculous
Message 9 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

That reasoning makes no sense to a rational person though so I'm guessing they are not going to say income.

They can't close a debit card for that, they don't ask your income when applying for a debit card...I'm guessing it will say something like fraud, account misuse, etc. just based on the fact that they closed your credit cards AND checking account.
Message 10 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.