Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase closing accounts

tag
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase closing accounts

I don't blame you Op I would move on bc if I was treated that way I would not care to have them as a lender anyways
Message 91 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1. This whole mess, as well as the outrageous story linked to on the previous page about the 78-year-old retired teacher who had all his accounts closed after a 44-year relationship with Chase because he was the victim of blatant identity theft and fraud, as well as other such stories, are REALLY making me rethink whether I even want to resume financial dealings with Chase even once my BK - which is an auto-denial for them - drops off my reports. I suppose that means no Amazon Prime Visa for me, among other things, but one has to weigh such things and determine if the benefits outweigh the costs.

Message 92 of 117
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I agree Joe all of this stuff is very disheartening and I don't think I even want them as a lender
Message 93 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting. I just received a 2k CLI on my Chase Amazon last week.  

Message 94 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed. I wasn't phased by the closing of my credit cards, I just was upset about my checking account. Even when I went into my local branch to get my money, I spoke to a "private banker" and she stated in her opinion it's a mistake and is not the correct outcome. She offered to call but I refused. I don't want to give business to bogans. I believe I'm going to drop to three or four credit cards. Going to keep my American Express, Visa from my CU, Walmart and JCP card 😂 All I need.
Message 95 of 117
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Indeed. I wasn't phased by the closing of my credit cards, I just was upset about my checking account. Even when I went into my local branch to get my money, I spoke to a "private banker" and she stated in her opinion it's a mistake and is not the correct outcome. She offered to call but I refused. I don't want to give business to bogans. I believe I'm going to drop to three or four credit cards. Going to keep my American Express, Visa from my CU, Walmart and JCP card 😂 All I need.

I myself have reached the conclusion that all I really need is one each of a decent rewards Visa, MC, Amex, Discover, a couple of store cards from places that I really do shop at regularly, PayPal Credit, and that's it.

Message 96 of 117
damac2004
New Contributor

i have been having so much bad luck in general i expect some drama in the credit world Smiley Sad

just curious when they close cards like this, how long do they give you to pay the balances owed?

i am clueless on all the legal stuff does anybody know what legal means chase has if they really decided they didn't want to do business with somebody that has an auto loan?  im in california and if i understood it right they have to fund the loan after 10 days so i'm good there.  but lets say they want to close my account, what might i be on the hook for?  its a 0% loan through mazda.   i was assuming i am good at this point but now i wonder if they can change the payment terms?

Message 97 of 117
NRB525
Super Contributor

@damac2004 wrote:

i have been having so much bad luck in general i expect some drama in the credit world Smiley Sad

just curious when they close cards like this, how long do they give you to pay the balances owed?

i am clueless on all the legal stuff does anybody know what legal means chase has if they really decided they didn't want to do business with somebody that has an auto loan?  im in california and if i understood it right they have to fund the loan after 10 days so i'm good there.  but lets say they want to close my account, what might i be on the hook for?  its a 0% loan through mazda.   i was assuming i am good at this point but now i wonder if they can change the payment terms?

Don't worry about closed accounts with balances. As long as you continue to make at least the minimum payment on time each month, you are within terms and they can't change them, other than the variable interest rate. I've had at least three closed accounts with balances, still working one down on a 2.99% Forever rate.

And the stories are specific to individuals. The chances of catching the same AA are limited. 

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 98 of 117
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Generally, the rules on loans is that you can continue paying at the original terms until the loan is repaid. But of course ALL conditions apply so if the loan talked about penalties for late pay etc, they will still count.

In some states and for some loans, there are exceptions if the issuer can show the loan was fraudulently obtained, in which case they can demand full payment immediately
Message 99 of 117
negg
Frequent Contributor

This why I keep my banking and credit cards separate. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 100 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.